Possible bloat?

jonny392

Aug 19, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
So my 10 week old pup could possibly have bloat I think, he ate his food really quickly this morning and for his evening meal he ate very little of it and left the rest and has drank a lot of water. His stomach seems firmer than normal. He was playing outside a lot today and I haven't noticed what his stool is like. He has slept a lot this evening and not been his normal crazy self. Any ideas?

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
If you think it's bloat, call the vet or ER vet immediately. Bloat isn't something to question. It's best to have them checked and not be than to assume it isn't and loose your baby. It's serious and life threatening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jonny392

Aug 19, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Would he sleep a lot if it was bloat?

OP
J

jonny392

Aug 19, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
He has just pooped outside there and it was very soft and watery, could he just have eaten one thing while outside that has upset his stomach?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So many possibilities in a young pup with diarrhea and upset tummy. Could be a parasite, obstruction, bloat.... But the most common reason would be over feeding or switching foods without doing a slow transition from one food to the next.

It would be a good idea to go to the vet to rule out parasites first .

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It never fails, stuff like this always happens on the weekend. I would let a vet check your baby to see what is causing his tummy problem.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=12645]jonny392[/MENTION] -- how is your little guy doing? it could be so many things, I hope you were able to get to a vet and your baby is doing better

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
There is a difference between being bloated/"garbage gut" and the condition known as "bloat" which is actually GDV. There is a bit of info on this board about the condition. GDV( gastric dilation volvulus) is a medical EMERGENCY.

I hope your baby is ok.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with everyone's advice, a checkup with the vet would be the best call to rule out bloat and potential parasites or other issues. I don't have any experience with bloat, but I was just checking in to see how your baby was doing. I hope he's feeling better, and is okay. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

OP
J

jonny392

Aug 19, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the kind messages and the support. Sorry I havenā€™t got back sooner, but I got him checked out by the vet and the vet said it was probably due to an increase in the amount of food I was giving him, it wasnā€™t a huge change in the amount but enough to upset his tummy. He is now back to his normal self running riot around the house.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the kind messages and the support. Sorry I havenā€™t got back sooner, but I got him checked out by the vet and the vet said it was probably due to an increase in the amount of food I was giving him, it wasnā€™t a huge change in the amount but enough to upset his tummy. He is now back to his normal self running riot around the house.

:whew: so good to hear it was a minor fix!

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to find this thread everywhere and check on your baby! So happy to hear that he is fine! [emoji2] Better to be safe! [emoji106]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.