teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
Dear all,

i am slightly confused on the amount of food one need to feed his bully.
I plan to give adana pacifica to my baby (coming in a week time).

Need your recommendation here:
1. The feeding guide is based on target weight => what target should i give my bulldog? The breeder had indicated that he is going to be big size bully. Should i target 30 kg (66 lb)?
2. The feeding guide is also based on the level of activity of the dog => can i presume bully is a less active dog?
3. My bulldog will be 11 weeks by the time he reaches me => should i feed him twice a day or 3 times a day?

THanks all

regards

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We gave Castor food three times a day until he was like eight or nine months old, and after that two times per day. When it comes to level of activity, bulldogs are not high energy dogs, but puppies are supposed to eat quite a lot. We gave Castor puppy kibble (various brands, trying to find something that worked!) and we calculated the amount of food based on his age, weight (there were tables on the bags). When we tranistioned him to adult food (at seven months, perhaps - don't remember), the recommendations were to aim at target weight. Castor's tummy couldn't take the suggested portions, though, so we always fed him less. When he was about a year, we changed to raw feeding and now we can give him much more food and he has filled out a bit.

The bottom line is that you will notice how much food your dog needs - loose stool can mean that he gets too much food (i.e. more food than his tummy can take), for instance.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Their poo tells alot. If it is too soft cut back. Too hard add a little more. It will take a bit of time but you will find the right quantity and number of times a day that works for your pup. With my girl 1 cup twice a day works perfectly for her, but what works well for one doesn't always for for others.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our pups that age three times a day until they are about 7 months of age then switch to twice a day. I would start with about 1/2 cup each feeding. Like [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] said, check the poop, if it's soft cut back a bit and if it's hard feed a little more. I would rather feed too much to a growing pup than not enough. Plus always have plenty of fresh water available to your pup 24/7. If you are going to crate train and don't want a water bowl in the crate, because they usually turn them over, then put a licks-it bottle on the crate, that's what we do and they work great.

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
Thanks all.
Busy busy. He is coming tomorrow..... [emoji1][emoji1]

Members online