Found ad for neglected bulldog, please help.

jjwolf333

Sep 19, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Monstro
Hello
My husband and I have been interested in adopting a bulldog for quite some time. I occasionally look at craigslist for English bulldog postings, and I found an ad for a 4 year old girl bully but she looks like she's in terrible shape. She is grossly overweight, and the owner stated that she has cherry eye in both eyes. I want to help this girl out so bad- the weight loss part doesn't phase me, I have nurtured my current adopted doggy back to great health after receiving her in fat shape. But the cherry eyes- I have read many forums with dog owners stating that they fixed their dog's cherry eye with a massage technique. Other sites mentioned that sometimes surgery is needed. The idea of a big vet surgery bill is intimidating. I wish the owners had found a better home for her long ago before she ended up in this state. Any advice appreciated!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Depending on the vet and area you live, cherry eye surgery is not too expensive, average cost I would say is around $500.

I would however work on the weight loss first before undergoing anesthesia, cherry eye is most times a cosmetic issue and doesn't cause any health problems unless they become infected.

Hope you save this poor girl, sounds like she could use a good home like yours who is wanting to give her the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Bulldogs are very high maintenance. I hope you make the right decision. Should you decide to get the bully, there is a wealth of information and support in this forum.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Depending on the vet and area you live, cherry eye surgery is not too expensive, average cost I would say is around $500.

I would however work on the weight loss first before undergoing anesthesia, cherry eye is most times a cosmetic issue and doesn't cause any health problems unless they become infected.

Hope you save this poor girl, sounds like she could use a good home like yours who is wanting to give her the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed!!! ^^^^
[MENTION=12851]jjwolf333[/MENTION]. - best of luck with your decision

Roxy sweetie

Sep 18, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Agreed!!! ^^^^
@jjwolf333. - best of luck with your decision

Please get a second opinion before, my dog never received any medical care now she developed seizures/ tremors because of it, and surgery is way to much distress, if the dog need it go for it but if she is not in pain or having infections, don't put her thru it. I'm sorry but I saying this because of my Roxy suffered of side effects from surgery.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online