Who has a small bully?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OH Gosh...I love these little tiny bullies. We have Ruthie who is 5 and about 35 lbs. She's just a little nugget!

- - - Updated - - -

YAY Grumpy face Riggins!!! I love him so much!

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] Will he not need palate surgery because of his size? When Tia went for a check up, I said to him "We WILL NOT be discussing any surgery for breathing today, because I am undecided about if I am getting insurance on her, and I don't want it listed as a pre-existing condition" my vet laughed and said "No, no...hey, I didn't bring it up". We just recently were very involved with him when our Rottie got really sick (pancreatitis, and then a bad ataxic/central nervous system reaction to a medication to treat him for the vomiting from the pancreatitis), so I knew I could say that to him, and he knows we are dedicated dog owners who only want what's best for our dogs, and he is happy to help out by NOT talking about it for now. He said "I wouldn't even suggest the surgery to any owner until the dog had finished growing, unless there was no option anyway, and it would have to be done in a bigger city, so it's all good".

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy is 43lbs and EVERYBODY asks me "What type of dog is she?" because nobody thinks she is a bully!!!! She is small but ADORABLE!!! IMG-20130914-WA002.jpg

karlajgee

Jun 13, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
Murphy is about 53lbs now and he's almost 10 months old? I don't know if that's small or not but people used to ask if he was mixed with something else because I guess he looked small. Personally, I think Murphy's growing into his little body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 90

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
[MENTION=11595]Rigginsluv11[/MENTION] Will he not need palate surgery because of his size? When Tia went for a check up, I said to him "We WILL NOT be discussing any surgery for breathing today, because I am undecided about if I am getting insurance on her, and I don't want it listed as a pre-existing condition" my vet laughed and said "No, no...hey, I didn't bring it up". We just recently were very involved with him when our Rottie got really sick (pancreatitis, and then a bad ataxic/central nervous system reaction to a medication to treat him for the vomiting from the pancreatitis), so I knew I could say that to him, and he knows we are dedicated dog owners who only want what's best for our dogs, and he is happy to help out by NOT talking about it for now. He said "I wouldn't even suggest the surgery to any owner until the dog had finished growing, unless there was no option anyway, and it would have to be done in a bigger city, so it's all good".

Our vet checked Rigs the day after I got him when he was 4 months old and then again when he was under for a hernia repair/neuter and said his soft palate is excellent. He said his airways are very open (nose) so he didn't think we would ever need it done. [emoji4] He doesn't even snore much unless he is lying funny.

Good thinking!! I discussed EVERYTHING at his first appt so I'm out of luck there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
View attachment 77517
Stella is 16 months old and 40 pounds. All I ever hear is "oh, she's sooo small". Gets annoying after a while.

Ugh tell me about it!! I hate hearing it ALL the time! "He's so small! Is he a mini? Was he the runt?" Ugh just please be quiet!! No he isn't a mini, no he wasn't the runt. He is just little! And he isn't finished growing. I just weight him and he is up to 38lbs now. Still growing people!! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
IMG_541023.jpgIMG_2864[1].jpg

It's hard to compare when you don't have something to compare next to. With that being said.... the first photo is a few years old. Orion was 3 and about 34 pounds. She is stocky but petite.
The second photo was taken a few minutes ago. Orion on a couch cushion....one that Vegas (at 60 pounds) could never fit on like she can.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
View attachment 77629View attachment 77630

It's hard to compare when you don't have something to compare next to. With that being said.... the first photo is a few years old. Orion was 3 and about 34 pounds. She is stocky but petite.
The second photo was taken a few minutes ago. Orion on a couch cushion....one that Vegas (at 60 pounds) could never fit on like she can.

It look as though she would prefer to have Vegas's blanket. Great stinkeye pic!

Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
my girl is just coming up 5 months old, she is 32 pounds or 14.9kg. I have no idea if this is small adverage or big ???? She looks good though so I'm not too bothered x

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Here is sort of a comparison. This is one of the Costco dog couches. Although different in color, the couches are the same size. you can see how different the baby's are in size.

IMG_0470.jpgIMG_0115.jpg

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I decided the next time someone comments about Stella's size, my response will be: "well, you are shorter than me, are YOU a mini??!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.