Ideas for tracking down Tia's breeder?

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
I was wondering if any of you smart, creative people had any ideas to help me out.

I am making an effort to locate Tia's breeder. She is not microchipped, so I realize this means 2 things:

1)She is more than likely from a backyard breeder
2) Even if she isn't, finding her breeder could prove very difficult.

I have emailed the registered EB breeders in my area that I could find online, but I am wondering how far I should go, how far across the country I should email and ask.

I am not bully smart, I knew NOTHING about them until about a month ago, except that they made me laugh and smile, but to me, she just doesn't look like she came from someone who tossed any 2 EB's together and hoped to make some money. Both the vets who have met her (one for her exam, and one when I went to pick up some meds for my rottie) both said she was the nicest EB they had seen.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

If she is registered, I would love to know the health and history of her parents, and have her papers transferred into my name, as well as let the breeder know where she ended up, and that she is loved and cared for now. She came from the SPCA, so all I have is a general age (12ish months).

I would love any input anyone may have. I do realize it may be completely futile, but I would like to make an effort.

Thanks!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Have you talked to the SPCA that you got her from, or what area they might of picked her up in, was she a surrendered pup etc

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is a tough one ! I wish you luck, but I have no idea where you could even start.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well it's hard if you do not have her CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) papers. You might ask the SPCA to see if they might know anything. If you had her registration number from CKC you could order her pedigree, and it should have the breeder on it.

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
If she was from a reputable breeder, who registered, there might be DNA markers. Here's a link to the akc site with info.
https://www.akc.org/dna/
Do you have any paperwork? Was Tia her original name? You could start contacting vets as well. That's a lot of leg work though.

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
She initially went into the SPCA as a "found dog", but it was soon discovered that the "finder" was actually the owner, giving her (and another dog) up, but not having the courage to say so. We speculate that she was spayed (but will just have to wait and see if she goes into heat to be sure) due to "spayed" being checked off on the papers when they surrendered her, and then crossed out. The lady who manages the SPCA doesn't have any more information than that. I kind of know her because we adopted our 10 year old Rottie from there about 6 months ago, and I was keeping them all up to date while he recently went through a medical crisis (severe pancreatitis).

I have contacted the EB breeders near me, 2 of them are sure she isn't theirs, for different reasons (one because she microchips all her pups, the other because her female pups from the last year were mostly white). The second breeder looked over the pics, is super willing to help and said Tia's head looks like the head of another breeder, but thinks it's possible she may actually be Olde English Bulldogge, due to her being quite thin (not skinny, but not as big as a lot of the EB's), as opposed to EB. So I sent the last breeder an email. I can find NOTHING of her online since 2012, so I don't know if her even still uses her email, but it can't hurt. If we don't figure it out, then we don't figure it out.

She came to us as "Frenchie", but since she didn't respond to it, and we didn't like it on her, we switched it to Tia.

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas! If we don't figure it out, no biggie. I at least made the effort :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.