Webbed Feet?

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
I am so sorry if this sounds stupid.. I've been wanting to ask but.... yea.. So, Frankie has webbed feet. I asked the man I got him from about Frankie's parents and he said they both have webbed feet but not like Frankie... The webbing between his toes goes all the way down to almost his nails... Now, I know EB's aren't usually good swimmers but I'm wondering if this may make a difference? He loves bath time and has a blast in the water but I am too paranoid with my Bully Baby to try it out.. What do you guys think?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm not sure if it will help with swimming, it's the build of being so front heavy that makes bulldogs sink like a brick....and let's see a picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I will take a pic tonight and post tomorrow.. It's crazy how webbed they are!!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I have seen many buIIies swim try it out in a pool with a Life jacket and find out, it is great exercise

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: interested in seeing his paws

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I know Labs have webbed feet but not sure about other breeds. If he likes water, I'd certainly try it with a life jacket. My vet said that Bulldogs are not usually good swimmers because of the short neck & snout. When they raise their head up high enough to keep their nose out of the water then their back end automatically goes toward causing them to sink. [emoji50]

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
Let's definitely see a pic! Love it...bullfrog! [emoji2] What a special bullie you have! [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
maybe Frankie is part bullfrog.

Dang!! I totally forgot to take a picture (of his feet.. took plenty of him playing with his football though :yes:) last night... Tonight for sure guys!! [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION], I :heart: your "bullfrog" theory!!! [MENTION=9302]ltpyro[/MENTION] is right, they sure do have the tongues for it!! LOL

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
usaza7ar.jpg

Your all qwackers

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Id definitely let him swim and see if those feet help! Get him a life vest and make sure you hold him. I cant help but think of Man from Atlantis! I too would love to see a pic.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would definitely get a life jacket if you want him to swim. Bullies usually are not good swimmers, as they are not built for it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online