Vegas's face is stinking

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have Vegas on an excellent food, healthy snacks of yogurt and fruits and veggies. I wash and dry his face religiously every night, I use Desitin, not every time but alot, and his face still has a sour smell. Is there ANYTHING else I can be doing?? He is not itching it and his ears look very clean as I also clean them once a week.

It has been cooler here in Florida and I would think he would not be sweating as much and it would help with the smell, but no, he still has a stinky smell to his face, his body smells wonderful just like his shampoo even after a week or so after I bathe him. I bathe him about every two weeks, but his face is daily. I am at a loss!! Any suggestions?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could it by any chance be his breath? The breath can make the face smell fishy, because bullies breath out of their noses so much. Also, check for any sign of bacteria in his nose rope wrinkle. Does not have to be red in color to be stinky. Molly's is never red but sometimes it is light yellow or light green. Who knows what kind of infection it is, but it happens sometimes if I slack at keeping it dry. If you do clean the rope wrinkle, it needs to be dried out too. If you leave moisture in there when you wipe you are not helping anything, you are actually making it worse. That little area in the nose rope can stink up the whole face.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
we put baby cornstarch powder on Chester's face and neck.. every day.. maybe that would help?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], No it is not his breath even though he eats the NVI Salmon, it is his face that has a sour smell, I clean his nose wrinkle every night and dry it very good. (after I chase him for about 10 minutes telling him he is going to get a treat and then he will finally give up and sit for me) His face is not red, his nose is black in his wrinkle so it is hard to see what color it is. I have been using his anti-fungal shampoo this last week to wash his face every night, Joe think I am crazy because I constantly have my nose in his face, and Joe says he does not smell it, but I promise there is a sour smell to his face! Is there any other medication I could be using? I really don't think it is yeast I have dealt with that in the past, it is just simply an odor.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I'm not sure if it would help you or not, but our breeder told us to use Lotrimin powder (like for your feet) but only the powder not the spray. We use it between Belly's toes and bum and put it on a cotton ball to do her face wrinkles. I buy mine from Amazon.com It has a small nozzel at the top so it's good for getting it under a pocket tail for bullies that have that problem also.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great suggestion [MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] I think I will have to try that!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If the Lotrimin doesn't work ask your vet about Panalog Cream, it has made a huge difference in Ruggles' face wrinkles!

I use this all the time if they get yeasty and stinky. I LOVE this stuff. Amazing how fast it works too!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I use this all the time if they get yeasty and stinky. I LOVE this stuff. Amazing how fast it works too!

I am going to try this too. Linus has a very deep nose wrinkle that's been impossible to keep clean and is very difficult to get at - good idea!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online