My bitch is humping my leg

Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My Bella is 8 months now & from time to time she try's to hump my leg shes also breathing quite heavily is this normal for a bitch to do this

A friend says she might be due for her heat, this is my first bitch & I haven't got a clue why she doing this

Would like your thoughts on this

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
LOL. The headline makes me laugh...because I am crude.
Anyway, yeah. If she hasn't gone into heat yet, it could be close and that may cause the humping, but we have found that with females it has always been about trying to establish dominance, or at least testing what was an acceptable level of dominance.

Our 8-month old was frequently trying to hump one of the kids, or my wife, but never me. Maybe I am not her type...... But when it happens, she get's rolled over and put on her back for a few seconds. For us, it works. She is learning that she is not allowed to dominate anyone in our family.

OP
Butch

Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
LOL. The headline makes me laugh...because I am crude.
Anyway, yeah. If she hasn't gone into heat yet, it could be close and that may cause the humping, but we have found that with females it has always been about trying to establish dominance, or at least testing what was an acceptable level of dominance.

Our 8-month old was frequently trying to hump one of the kids, or my wife, but never me. Maybe I am not her type...... But when it happens, she get's rolled over and put on her back for a few seconds. For us, it works. She is learning that she is not allowed to dominate anyone in our family.

I have 3 kids & she's never try'd humping any of them or my misses, it's only me so I must be her type lol

Think I'll give it ago putting her on her back & see how it go

Thanks for the heads up

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
a firm NO!! and shaking her loose should work

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
We found out Blue humps when he wants attention.

So it could be she's coming into heat, or a dominance issue, or it could be she just wants to play. At 8 months, I'm thinking it's heat or play..

OP
Butch

Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks for your thought guys, a do appreciate it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Remove her, give her the sit command with a from no... Repeat until she understands it is unwanted behavior.rolling her on her back will work too, but this is another option

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Remove her, give her the sit command with a from no... Repeat until she understands it is unwanted behavior.rolling her on her back will work too, but this is another option

Oh yeah..Of course, teaching them "NO" is the best option. I just wanted to add....If you put them on their back, do it quick and gentle and do not rub the belly while you do it. It could send the wrong massage. Putting them on their back does not teach them that they are doing something wrong. It only shows that you expect them to be the submissive.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.