Help!! Diarrhea in our new baby

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
We just got Levi on Thursday (9/11). His breeder said that they were on kibble, I have no clue what brand, but she also mentioned she had fed him meatloaf.
We tried Pedigree Puppy for night- he maybe ate 1 1/2 cups. He peed out his butt all night. Took him to the vet for a check up and all seemed fine and they suggested Royal Canin for bulldogs... .Friday afternoon evening he had more like soft-serve stools but still some squirts. So Switched him Saturday to that and added yogurt to it yesterday. Poor fella is still peeing out his butt. Any suggestions?? He's so stinking sweet!! I hate this for him. We are setting an alarm to get up at 12:30/2:30/4:30 to potty him. Last night he went to bed at 8:30 and had peed and pooped prior to that. At 12:30- he had pooped his crate-- but peed and pooped outside. 2:30- crate cleaned -- peed. 4:30- crate cleaned-- peed and pooped (peed out his butt) outside. I need SUGGESTIONS..... Thanks!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410802814.367052.jpg

L. Michelle Morgan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Call the breeder and get the name of the food he was on ASAP! Then get that food!

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
She was feeding him Sport Mix in the black bag?? Get it at TSC

L. Michelle Morgan

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
She was feeding him Sport Mix in the black bag?? Get it at TSC

L. Michelle Morgan

I don't know what TSC is?
But you can go to sportmix dot com and find a store near you. Call them and ask what flavor the black bag is, then go get it.

It's really best to have your pup on this food for a bit. He's already nervous, you don't want to add any more stress by changing his food right now.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I assume TSC is Tractor Supply Company... Yes I would get him back on that food for a bit as his tummy is all messed up right now with the sudden changes and such. After his tummy settles down for a few week and he starts to get a routine then you can look to gradually change his food.

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
But she had him on the adult food not puppy-- same thing momma ate.

L. Michelle Morgan

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You can do a slow switch in a few weeks. For now, leave her on the food she was on.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That breeder in my opinion is an idiot. they should have told you up front what food they were feeding and even given you a little to hold him over till you could buy some. By now it's pretty much too late to switch again, it's been 4 days. Give a bland diet for a few days with some plain pumpkin, then slowly add in a good quality puppy food like FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag. Feed three times a day until around 6 to 7 months of age, then you can switch to a good quality adult food. Hope your baby gets getter soon.

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Thank you!! He loved the pumpkin. But just pumpkin with the royal Canin or pumpkin alone for a few days.

L. Michelle Morgan

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just got Levi on Thursday (9/11). His breeder said that they were on kibble, I have no clue what brand, but she also mentioned she had fed him meatloaf.
We tried Pedigree Puppy for night- he maybe ate 1 1/2 cups. He peed out his butt all night. Took him to the vet for a check up and all seemed fine and they suggested Royal Canin for bulldogs... .Friday afternoon evening he had more like soft-serve stools but still some squirts. So Switched him Saturday to that and added yogurt to it yesterday. Poor fella is still peeing out his butt. Any suggestions?? He's so stinking sweet!! I hate this for him. We are setting an alarm to get up at 12:30/2:30/4:30 to potty him. Last night he went to bed at 8:30 and had peed and pooped prior to that. At 12:30- he had pooped his crate-- but peed and pooped outside. 2:30- crate cleaned -- peed. 4:30- crate cleaned-- peed and pooped (peed out his butt) outside. I need SUGGESTIONS..... Thanks!!View attachment 76932

L. Michelle Morgan

That breeder in my opinion is an idiot. they should have told you up front what food they were feeding and even given you a little to hold him over till you could buy some. By now it's pretty much too late to switch again, it's been 4 days. Give a bland diet for a few days with some plain pumpkin, then slowly add in a good quality puppy food like FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag. Feed three times a day until around 6 to 7 months of age, then you can switch to a good quality adult food. Hope your baby gets getter soon.

What a cutie pie! :welcome3: to EBN! David has you covered...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pumpkin with his food.

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
Thank y'all!!! I'll update on him in a few weeks! Last night he didn't soil his crate!! But we did take him out every other hour. Bless a new baby. Lol

L. Michelle Morgan

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Thank y'all!!! I'll update on him in a few weeks! Last night he didn't soil his crate!! But we did take him out every other hour. Bless a new baby. Lol

L. Michelle Morgan

Great news. Keep it up and your baby will pay you back in bully love.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
The breeder really should have sent you home with some food so you could slow transition him to a new one... It sounds like the diarrhea is a combination of switching foods too fast and adjusting to his new home. Check out the food recommendations on the main page, they're really helpful. I hope the little guy feels better soon!

OP
L

lmmorgan726

Sep 15, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
I love this site!!! Thank y'all so much. He's curled up in my lap in his blanket as I type. Wow-- I had no clue about English Bulldogs (they were my husband's dream dog!!) and what sweetness I was missing!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.