Training

josh9404

Sep 13, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsa
Has anyone ever sent their bully to obedience school? If so what was the cost, how long did they stay, and how did it turn out? Are they we'll trained now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.

yes, we did many training classes and sent Banks away to 'boot camp' for a week. She is a very dominate, strong willed girl and has been since the day we got her at 11 weeks old. She will be 9 yrs old this week and training is ALWAYS being reinforced and continued cause if she knows we are off our game, she takes the opening.

costs will depend on your area ... My guess is Petsmart/Petco standard classes, I believe run about $150 for an 8 week course. Private trainers vary based on need and how/where the training takes place.

when we did all of Banks training 9 yrs ago... The week at boot camp was $500 which included follow up sessions at our home for as long as we needed them.

The big factor with training is YOU and the level of commitment and consistency you apply ... Just because your puppy receives the training, if it is not reinforced and all humans in the home are on the same page... The pup will push the envelope and grab the openings .

hope that helps....

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My girl Pork Chop just completed Canine Good Citizen Course. She left not the same dog when she first started. She improved so much. She was two points away from being certified.

The cost was $200 for eight weeks each class was 2 hours .

Pork Chop graduated in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We did some classes and Orion graduated at the top of her class. She even got best trick! (she rode a skateboard and then put her nose in a corner)

But.....she is a stinker now. I can't even begin to explain. You just have to know her or her reputation to understand.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.