Anal gland erupt

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My Pork Chop had this odd looking ball near the butt. In pic it looks like a bite, but the very next day it grow and bleed.
I took her to the vet and he said anal gland erupt. He drained it and asked me to put hot compressions followed by the meds he have her. Here is a glimpse of what it looks like . I know this is not the most pleasant view .
69528cd55adbe973db7b778bb05a096d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... I knew they could get infected, but not erupt! That has to be painful... Poor Pork Chop

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG... I knew they could get infected, but not erupt! That has to be painful... Poor Pork Chop

She appeared in good spirits. The day after this pic it was like a big pimple and bleeding . I took her to the vet and he drained and put medication on it. He gave me meds along with liquid med to apply and hot compressions. Now, It's healing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor baby, I bet that was painful! Hopefully she's doing better tomorrow.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww bless her xx hope she heals fast xx

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Pork Chop, that must be so painful. I'm glad the vet treated it, and she's on the mend now. I hope she feels better soon. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone! Pork Chop is doing better and it's healing.

ema24

Sep 16, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowe
Hi I have a 10 month English bull dog, I'm really worried about his right front leg! And panicking! :( my boor baby! .... He jumped off he the sofa and was limping for a day then he was fine .... Then a few months later he went to sleep and woke up and was like it for about 2 hours so called the vets they said if he was still like it on a few hours bring him in and he was :( so they injected him with a sort of paracetamol and put him on some medicine he was fine tho as soon as we got into the vets! And then now tonight 3 weeks later he had a fall off of the sofa and he can hardly walk :( can anybody help me and advise me please I love my little man so much and panic I would let hun chew any of my shoes right now! [emoji30] x

ema24

Sep 16, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowe
Sorry didn't really I wrote this on here! ... I don't no what I'm doing really x how she's ok x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby girl, I hear they can be pretty painful, hope she heals fast.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ema24 do get your baby checked . My girl jumped the sofa and began limping .two weeks later noticed that bump on her butt. The next day it go worse it was bleeding. You might want to get a second opinion . Do hot/ cold treatments on your baby's leg hope it helps.

David H- thank you she's healing now, her hair needs to grow back. He doc shaved the area.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Hopeful it clears and Pork Chop has no more problems with the anal glands did the cone of shame have to be worn or was it an area that PC could not Lick

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hopeful it clears and Pork Chop has no more problems with the anal glands did the cone of shame have to be worn or was it an area that PC could not Lick

No cone of shame no she couldn't reach that far behind to lick. She's clearing up as long as I apply the med and do hot compressions it will heal up in no time. I do monitor it for little bleeding and wipe it off with peroxide and cotton ball. She's doing well so far

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy that Pork Chop is recovering ok. Years ago I had a dog whose anal abcessed like that. I felt like such a bad Mom. Some dogs hardly ever have anal problems, and some need expressing pretty frequently. Hope she continues to do well. Ouch!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online