How much to feed a pup?

jonny392

Aug 19, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
So my pup is just over 8 weeks old and I am feeding him fromm puppy gold and was wondering how many times per day he should be fed and how much in grams per meal?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Most members and including me fed our puppies 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day, morning, lunch, and evening, until the age of 6 or 7 months. And then we switched to duly food and reduced their feedings to 1 cup twice a day feedings. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At 8 weeks old they should be eating approximately 1/2 cup 3 times a day. If their poo is too soft, decrease it a little, if it's too hard, increase a little.

You will gradually increase the amount over the next two months.

At 3 months it should be about 2-2.5 cups a day.

At 4 months old they should be eating about 2.5-3 cups of food per day.

This will all depend on size and weight of your pup, but the best way to tell is by the poop consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Most members and including me fed our puppies 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day, morning, lunch, and evening, until the age of 6 or 7 months. And then we switched to duly food and reduced their feedings to 1 cup twice a day feedings. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

At 8 weeks old they are still very small to handle 3 cups of food, their intake is about half that amount, but at around 4 months to a year that is a good guideline amount. :up:

OP
J

jonny392

Aug 19, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
How many grams would be in a cup

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How many grams would be in a cup

It depends on the volume and weight of the food, so that's a bit hard to calculate. Do you do ounces? 1 cup is about the equivalent of 8 oz, so 28 grams. So I'm completely guessing here but my guess is your pup should eat about 14g three times a day, slowly increasing over then next two months.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry, I was on my way out when I posted that answer, and I read the title, How much to feed a pup. My guys weren't that young when I got them, so I fed them 1 cup 3 times a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.