My guard dog!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I get up early with the hubby(4 am) to help him off to work. He feeds the dogs and lets them out. Usually they come back in before he leaves for work but today they were still out. I go out after he leaves for a cigarette every morning as I only smoke outside (dumb a** habit I can't shake) and let the boys back in. So this morning the craziest thing happens. Both Henry and Rootbeer(lab) were in the back yard and I go out front. Henry runs to me first and sits to watch me smoke, like always. Then I hear Rootbeer in a dead run right for me. He's in the dark shadows but I know it's him. I'm not worried because he's a very loving and sensitive boy. He gets about 5 feet from me and, like a crazed bull, Henry runs at him, puts his head down, and rams him in the shoulder and knocks him down and keeps me from getting pummeled. Henry is 45lbs and Rootbeer is 95. After Henry sees it's Rootbeer he walks over and licks he's neck and shoulder where he rammed him. I don't know what happened for sure but it looked to me like Henry didn't know it was Rootbeer. My baby is a great protector of his mommy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: OMG... it sounds like a cartoon episode! Something spooked Rootbeer for sure and Henry did his job in protecting Momma! Then he goes over to help brush him off.... love it!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, it DOES sound like something from a cartoon. Glad that Rootbeer and Henry are okay. Henry definitely is momma's bodyguard!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG I have a boxer and a bully… they are CONSTANTLY doing something crazy outside when it's pitch black. Usually I'm on the porch yelling for them to come in, and they both stampede and STOP right in front of me!!! :whew:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Aww, Henry is a good boy and loves his momma like a good boy should.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
That should make you feel safe hope he got some extra Loving for that or at Least a butt scratch

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.