Moving to Boston, any friends, vet recommendations?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi everyone!! I know I've been a bit absent lately, and I apologize. I'm still reading posts! But I've been through a series of intense job interviews and I am happy to report that I've accepted a job at a prestigious university in Boston and we'll be moving there in a few months! Dream job. Truly, I'm so blessed.

But I don't know any Bostonians on the forum....if you are there, speak up!! I'd love some advice, and I'd like to talk to a vet or two before we bring Lola down there.

We're on the house hunt and we'll move as soon as we've closed on one. We start next week with the realtor, but will likely move sometime between Dec-April.

Yay!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Sorry, I'm 4 hours south of you. But I know we have people from MA on here. Just don't know if they're from Boston or not.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm excited for you, April! Congrats on your new job and new soon-to-be-home. I've heard some fabulous things about Boston! :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... congratulations! How awesome for you!! @LucysMom and [MENTION=9709]Holly33[/MENTION] are in or near Boston, they might have some insight for you.

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Thanks!!! Two amazing things to look forward to, being in charge of a lab instead of being trained in one FINALLY, and owning a home FINALLY! So excited.

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Congrats!!!! I'm from Boston and I work in Boston but I recently moved to Southern New Hampshire. I go to Andover Animal Hospital, in Andover MA, it was founded by a bulldog owner and they are very knowledgeable on the breed. Joe goes to the vet and kennels there if needed. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about Boston. I grew up there.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations April, I'm so excited for you!!! I hope that everything goes smoothly for your new job and new home!!! :w00t:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Congrats on your move. Being from NY, the best advice I can give you on making friends is to wear a Yankees shirt. They love it there and you will have a ton of friends in no time. Seriously, don't take my advice, I'm not that friendly :evil: lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online