Tail ?

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thank you 2BullyMama! This is two days ago so almost 4 weeks after surgery ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410579981.493454.jpg sorry if it's too graphic...

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
karleydavidson46 I was heartbroken, I was so in love with his tail! It started pushing in to his rectum and the vertebrae at the top! That's why they had to go so far up...and I was so upset the first week after it was done, but I agree, he was completely different after the surgery! So much more happier!

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
karleydavidson46 I was heartbroken, I was so in love with his tail! It started pushing in to his rectum and the vertebrae at the top! That's why they had to go so far up...and I was so upset the first week after it was done, but I agree, he was completely different after the surgery! So much more happier!
It looks like its healing well! Dixie's was going into her skin like up underneath her tail and they had to remove it all. I just took this picture its been 7 months since her surgery she just has a little fat blob haha
b7bf20e32d5d27d2b30ec646138037fb.jpg

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
It looks like its healing well! Dixie's was going into her skin like up underneath her tail and they had to remove it all. I just took this picture its been 7 months since her surgery she just has a little fat blob haha
b7bf20e32d5d27d2b30ec646138037fb.jpg

That looks great! I wish Bentley was fortunate enough to have a cute little fat blob lol! He has nothing but we still adore him just as much!

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
Wow!!! Really? So it just showed up? She was cut all the way down like that as well?
Yes! When she went into surgery she weighed 75 pounds and now she weighs over 85 which I know is very overweight haha but it came up after a month or so and the vet said with her being so fat and pretty much it was just scar tissue but it was fine made her look like she has a tiny tail. But when she first had the surgery there was nothing there just like Bentley's!

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Yes! When she went into surgery she weighed 75 pounds and now she weighs over 85 which I know is very overweight haha but it came up after a month or so and the vet said with her being so fat and pretty much it was just scar tissue but it was fine made her look like she has a tiny tail. But when she first had the surgery there was nothing there just like Bentley's!

Wowwww! That's insane! Bentley will be 9 months old tmrw and is 55 lbs. Hes actually tall and lean for his age the vet said yet perfect! I don't think Bentley will have any scar tissue due too him being so lean [emoji17] but like I said we love him so much it doesn't matter at this point! That's just insane how it grew back like that! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410625592.483473.jpg this was a day after surgery...so you can only imagine how upset I was from him having a piglet tail to this...btw, he also had pins removed from his knee at the same time from a prior surgery...he's one tough amazing cookie!

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
Wowwww! That's insane! Bentley will be 9 months old tmrw and is 55 lbs. Hes actually tall and lean for his age the vet said yet perfect! I don't think Bentley will have any scar tissue due too him being so lean [emoji17] but like I said we love him so much it doesn't matter at this point! That's just insane how it grew back like that! View attachment 76834 this was a day after surgery...so you can only imagine how upset I was from him having a piglet tail to this...btw, he also had pins removed from his knee at the same time from a prior surgery...he's one tough amazing cookie!
That's how my male is tall and lean with a big head he weighs are 60-65 pounds he just has a big head. Dixie as a pup she came out big and fat haha. Cash and Dixie have opposite personalities Cash is laid back and is very calm and loving but Dixie she is hyper and playful all the time. But Bentley is healing nice I'm sure it was a shock when you see that after surgery I know we were but when the hair grows back and it heals everything looks normal. An of course with Dixie being so hyper a stitch came out and there was an actual hole there and it bled alott but the vet said they didn't want to stitch it back up but anyway it clotted up after a day or so and everything was fine. Just a question does Bentley ever nurse on a stuffed animal? Both of mine do all the time! They've done that ever since they were puppies we gave them each a teddy bear and they still have the same ones even though the heads are about to fall off lol they won't take to another bear and if the teddy bear is in their crate they will whine till we get them out and they'll nurse them for an hour or so on the couch it calms them down lol weird I know

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
That's how my male is tall and lean with a big head he weighs are 60-65 pounds he just has a big head. Dixie as a pup she came out big and fat haha. Cash and Dixie have opposite personalities Cash is laid back and is very calm and loving but Dixie she is hyper and playful all the time. But Bentley is healing nice I'm sure it was a shock when you see that after surgery I know we were but when the hair grows back and it heals everything looks normal. An of course with Dixie being so hyper a stitch came out and there was an actual hole there and it bled alott but the vet said they didn't want to stitch it back up but anyway it clotted up after a day or so and everything was fine. Just a question does Bentley ever nurse on a stuffed animal? Both of mine do all the time! They've done that ever since they were puppies we gave them each a teddy bear and they still have the same ones even though the heads are about to fall off lol they won't take to another bear and if the teddy bear is in their crate they will whine till we get them out and they'll nurse them for an hour or so on the couch it calms them down lol weird I know

Bentley is very energetic! Always wanting to play fetch and constantly wanting to play! He did have a kitty cat when he was a baby but eventually I had to take it away because of its eyes lol I replace animal after animal because he tugs on them to the point of ripping them apart! He loves anything rubber and will sit there and basically gnaw on it so I guess it's almost like a nursing movement but doesn't last long! He has an attention span of a 2 year old lol, from one thing to another and no breaks!

https://vimeo.com/106062185

He loves to play with balloons! We've taught him that when they pop to sit and stay so we can pick up the pieces lol!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
When I first got Sebastian I thought he had the perfect screwed bulldog tail , now that I know much more about bulldogs oh how I wish his was like that ! It is so hard to clean and the pocket is so deep !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie
When I first got Sebastian I thought he had the perfect screwed bulldog tail , now that I know much more about bulldogs oh how I wish his was like that ! It is so hard to clean and the pocket is so deep !

That's how Dixie was! It looked like she had the perfect tail as a pup then she started wanting to scratch it on the carpet and we had to clean it every single day it was a pocket and we would take a wet wipe and get down in there and clean it and it was almost a reddish brown color stuff and it kept getting worse and worse and it started to smell very very bad and we'd have to clean it at least 3 times a day and it was infected very bad and the tail was growing up inside her. Trust me you'll want to get it removed cause eventually it'll get infected and it makes the dog so much better and happier! An the recovery isn't bad at all! It doesn't look that bad either honestly few people even notice actually!

karleydavidson46

Sep 12, 2014
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash and Dixie

47c195ea164b61cd02b34a837c486d46.jpg
that's her little fat blob 7 months since she's had surgery lol

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
That's how Dixie was! It looked like she had the perfect tail as a pup then she started wanting to scratch it on the carpet and we had to clean it every single day it was a pocket and we would take a wet wipe and get down in there and clean it and it was almost a reddish brown color stuff and it kept getting worse and worse and it started to smell very very bad and we'd have to clean it at least 3 times a day and it was infected very bad and the tail was growing up inside her. Trust me you'll want to get it removed cause eventually it'll get infected and it makes the dog so much better and happier! An the recovery isn't bad at all! It doesn't look that bad either honestly few people even notice actually!

Oh man I have been worrying that I may have to get it cut off , but at this moment I am not able to but you are right I see it bothering him so it will be done as soon as I am able ::(

Members online

No members online now.