Has anyone else heard of this??

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
That is scary. I had Bear chipped about a month after I got him. His vet didn't say anything about possible complications just that it would hurt him putting it in. Bear didn't flinch.

I am worried now but nothing I can do I suppose :(

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Wow, had not heard that. I thought about it but decided that Lola nor Brodie really needed to be. I did not see any reason to do that other than if they got lost and really don't see that ever happening, you never know though. Thanks for sharing the info.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I had never microchipped Chester for various reasons.. medical issues being one of them. A foreign body is a foreign body. But there are others who feel it's best..and that's perfectly fine with me.. to each his own :)

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bertie is Microchipped, but realistically, if she ever would come up missing, I wouldn't really expect to see her again. I would hope that whoever had her would bring her home, but with bulldogs, I really would be surprised to see her again. I also have a PC PET ID tag on Bertie's collar.

PCPetID
Make sure your pet will find their way home
The PCPetID is a portable P.C. storage device which allows you to enter as much or as little information including personal contacts, medical history, photos or any other information you feel comfortable providing. Just plug the PCPetID into any personal computer USB port, and you can enter your petā€™s and your own information on short and simple to use Microsoft Word forms. Plus, unlike I.D. tags or implanted microchips, you can change the information as often as necessary to keep it up-to-date.

The PCPetID is water proof, weather proof and shock resistant. It requires no batteries or internet connection and hangs from your petā€™s collar just like any other identification tag. It is made of metal, so you can engrave additional information on the outside of the PCPetID if you choose. Let your pet play outside in the snow, go swimming, give him a bath and know that the information will not be destroyed.

This tag is great for so many different purposes!

Most dog people love their pets more than anything! If you have a purebred dog...(Eng. Bulldog, Boxer, etc.) chances are....that it's not going to be returned. Even if my dog is not getting returned, I still want the best for my baby! This is where PCPETID comes in!

I can store all of my dogs health info on it...vet, allergies, medications, what type of food it eats, pictures and so much more!

All of my contact info

Pictures of my dog with family members...maybe whoever has my dog will see it and get warm fuzzy feelings and decide to return it to its loving family!

Tag case is waterproof and shockproof.

The Flexi PC Pet ID Tag gives you one more way to identify your pet to help you get him back if your dog ever is lost. The Flexi PC Pet ID Tag is a 64 MB USB drive housed in water- and shock-proof housing. It has an autorun program that lets you easily enter your contact information, contact information for your dogā€™s vet, and medical and dietary information. Updating is quickly and easily done, and you donā€™t have the expense of having a new ID tag engraved if you move or get a new phone number. Anyone with a (Windows) computer or Mac OS 9/10 can read your petā€™s information ā€“ they wonā€™t need any special equipment to read your petā€™s microchip, so you can be quickly reunited with your dog.

If anyone is interested in a PC Pet ID Tag, I can give EBN members a special price on it.
Just let me know.

Plus EBN gets a percentage of each sale from here.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Both my girls are microchipped, so is Arrow. I've never heard anything bad about them. I've never heard of this PC Pet ID, sounds interesting.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Both my girls are microchipped, so is Arrow. I've never heard anything bad about them. I've never heard of this PC Pet ID, sounds interesting.

It is a great item and it has so many different possiblities. Like I said, if any of our EBN members want to purchase a tag, I will give it to EBN members for $10 shipping included. I have pics of Bertie and the whole family programmed into her tag, and her insurance info, vet info for both states that I live in, contact info for myself and friends and family just in case someone is honest enough to bring her back. I have the pictures on there, just so that whoever looks at her tag will see that she is part of a family and maybe they will feel guilty about not returning her. I have all of her foods listed, treats, grooming tips and how to clean her wrinkles and also all of her vaccination info and what to do for her in various scenarios.

If god forbid, she ever does get lost or stolen, even if she doesn't get returned, I want whoever has her to take care of her and to know what to do for her. I love her too much and it would kill me to think that someone had her and wasn't taking care of her!

Attachments

• pcpetid.jpg
    pcpetid.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 116
  • pcpetid2.jpg
    pcpetid2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Rob,,,, how about starting a new thread on this. I WANT ONE.... check your pm. It actually may be of use for someone that has special medical needs too.

OP
Pendragon

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
That is a great idea yes Rob please do a new thread... I will have to get 5 lol...

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Wow1 I have never been told any negative about microchipping. Silva wasnt chipped by the breeder, we had it done well she had her spaying done cause our Vet said it hurts. I will definately be doing more research when we get our new puppy. Thanks for sharing!

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
interesting. i've been THINKING of having Bullet microchipped but then again, i know most likely the person that would find him probably wouldn't return him. :( makes me sad thinking about it.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
ive never heard anything bad about microchipping all my dogs that i had growing up had them, never had any tumors or anything wrong with them. we are fixing to get lex fixed and he will be mirochipped.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.