I need help. Like big time. My ex got rid of Daisy. Read on

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
This is terrible to hear, I can't imagine how heartbroken you must be. I hope that he is just trying to upset you and that he hasn't actually given your dog to another family. The police can't really intervene because it's a civil matter. They might accompany you to knock on his door and inquire about where Daisy is. You'll have to take him to small claims court and sue for the return of your property...is there any chance you have a friend who is an attorney or a friend who can call in a favor to their friend who is an attorney? With the papers and other issues it sounds like you might need some real help. I wish you the best of luck getting her back! Keep us updated!

BullyLuvr

Jul 1, 2014
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ, Shugg & Roush
Im so sorry about your situation its so sad when men get a little tude & ruin a good thing, the best thing i could think about doing is going to the cops taking your papers w/you & say he stole your dog & you want her back tell them you were moving your stuff out & he took the dog in the process & got rid of her to get back @ you & dont tell them he was keeping her for you or they might not do anything about it they might say you abandoned her so just tell them you were moving out & he secretly sold her or whatever he did & you want the info so you can go get your furbaby back & hope that he will have a heart & do the rite thing, this is so sad im.sorry to.hear about stuff like this its so sad i dont know what id do w/ou my dogs, Good Luck!!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
Praying you get your baby back! Go to the cops most definitely & please keep us posted. The idea of the facebook page and going that route seems like a great idea! Do both, cops & facebook. Prayers your baby is safe and she is returned to you!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you're police friend give the f#:#head a call. I think it may do the trick, I swear if I was anywhere close to Indiana she would be home with you.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
So we broke up and I moved out. I couldn't take Daisy with me until I got a place that accepts dogs. I was planning on keeping her there for 3 months. He was fine with it. He loves her so I wasn't worried. Well he was mad and threatened that he was gonna get rid of her after the first week. I thought it was just a threat. Well he claims he got rid of her. And he didn't tell me when he did it. And I have been begging him to tell me where she is and he wont. I am about to go to cops, I know this is a civil thing not legal. But I have her papers. Can you guys help me figure out what to do? I have been a mess since he told me that he got rid of her.
I'm a cop in CA and I can tell you that even though it may be seen as civil matter, having an officer go over there and talk to him will at least likely allow you to know if he still has her or where he took her. It can actually be considered a criminal offense as well: The papers are in your name so you should say she was always YOUR dog and ownership was never shared. Technically, she is your property and he misappropriated the property which was entrusted to him. That is embezzlement, though I doubt the cops will arrest him given the domestic situation, they could scare him enough to cough her up. Check your state statute defining embezzlement and if it fits, you can sign a citizens arrest forcing the cops to at least cite him.
Good luck and whatever you do, don't take that jerk back. He is trying to manipulate you by hurting you. Imagine what he would do if the two of you shared kids!
http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/white_collar_crimes/embezzlement.htm

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Oh Sheena my heart is breaking for you. What a frigging a$$ he is being. I pray that your fur baby is back with you soon!!!!! I agree with everyone's advice, get others involved and scare the hell out of your ex. Good riddance to bad rubbish if he's willing to mess with your emotions like this

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION], any progress/news? did you talk to the police this evening? Please let us know when u get a chance!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ok guys. Went to the cops and they were busy. They only had 2 working tonight and just got called out. The dispatcher was like no help. But i did hear when he called the commander. .. so i know they were busy. He said I could come back though. He also recommended that I go up to county and petition a judge. So i will. I went to the house and he wasnt home. So i actually got to look in the kitchen... and yep she wasnt there :( Thanks guys for all your kind words!!! Ill keep you updated. [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks Phil :) [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION]

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I'm a cop in CA and I can tell you that even though it may be seen as civil matter, having an officer go over there and talk to him will at least likely allow you to know if he still has her or where he took her. It can actually be considered a criminal offense as well: The papers are in your name so you should say she was always YOUR dog and ownership was never shared. Technically, she is your property and he misappropriated the property which was entrusted to him. That is embezzlement, though I doubt the cops will arrest him given the domestic situation, they could scare him enough to cough her up. Check your state statute defining embezzlement and if it fits, you can sign a citizens arrest forcing the cops to at least cite him.
Good luck and whatever you do, don't take that jerk back. He is trying to manipulate you by hurting you. Imagine what he would do if the two of you shared kids!
http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/white_collar_crimes/embezzlement.htm
Thats great. Thank you :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sheena, you did not deserve this and I will pray he gets her & gives her back to you,
where she belongs. Knowing how bad you feel makes me cry, just so sorry. Praying
GOD softens his heart...hugs of love, support & comfort <3

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
[MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION]. I'm so sorry to hear all this. he's using daisy for leverage cause he knows you love her so much and it's just a way to hurt you cause he's hurting. Do you think she could be with a family member or friends since he knows you will check the house?
Good for you for taking the high road, I know it's hard cause i would have tore my town apart looking for my dogs if anything like this happened. But stay strong, you will find her!!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok guys. Went to the cops and they were busy. They only had 2 working tonight and just got called out. The dispatcher was like no help. But i did hear when he called the commander. .. so i know they were busy. He said I could come back though. He also recommended that I go up to county and petition a judge. So i will. I went to the house and he wasnt home. So i actually got to look in the kitchen... and yep she wasnt there :( Thanks guys for all your kind words!!! Ill keep you updated. @cali baker

Ugh… God I'm so sorry, I had hoped he was just "lying" to you about Daisy. I agree w/the others on this, get the courts involved… this is total BS!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I cannot believe he would do this to you!!! I don't have any better advice than what was given, but I must say he is pond scum!!

Back when we were first married, (20 years ago omg) we moved to Tucson. Shortly after my husbands ex-step-father moved here. He dropped the family pitbull Melissa aka Missy at our house asking if we could watch her a couple of weeks while he found a place and got moved in.

Well, 6 months goes by and we never even get a phone call from him. We tried getting in touch with him but we had no home number (this was before cell phones).

Finally after all this time he calls asking to pick her up. Mind you, this was also my husbands dog that was in his home as he grew up, she was 15 years old.

My husband told him he was crazy, we loved her and she wasn't going anywhere. She was happy here and loved our bulldog Baby, it would kill her to separate her from her bully and our home. Plus we had cared for her for all this time, without a single phone call.... we thought he was never coming back!

Well that evening, he showed up at our door with a cop. Since he had licensed her in the state of Arizona and we had not, we were forced to give her to him. The police man apologized but he said we had no documentation so there was nothing he could do.

About 6 months later we get a call from a guy named Charlie, telling us that Missy was dying and Eddie (ex step father) was out of town. So Chip went to his house, and sure enough she was bloated and could barely move. She was pooping put her intestines. Chip took her to our vet and gave her lots of love as she crossed to the rainbow bridge. It killed him! He was so angry when he found out she had been like this for weeks and Eddie never even took her to the vet. When my hubby confronted him his response was simply that he would have never paid to take her to the vet and just would've put a bullet in her head.

Moral of the story is that if you have documentation that she belongs to you, hopefully you will be able to get her back. That POS did, even when he shouldn't have had the right!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok guys. Went to the cops and they were busy. They only had 2 working tonight and just got called out. The dispatcher was like no help. But i did hear when he called the commander. .. so i know they were busy. He said I could come back though. He also recommended that I go up to county and petition a judge. So i will. I went to the house and he wasnt home. So i actually got to look in the kitchen... and yep she wasnt there :( Thanks guys for all your kind words!!! Ill keep you updated. @cali baker

:angry: so sorry -- i was totally praying that he was lying to you just to hurt you. Continued prayers and hugs you get your baby back. Damn SOB hope he trips and breaks a leg :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.