Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
So we broke up and I moved out. I couldn't take Daisy with me until I got a place that accepts dogs. I was planning on keeping her there for 3 months. He was fine with it. He loves her so I wasn't worried. Well he was mad and threatened that he was gonna get rid of her after the first week. I thought it was just a threat. Well he claims he got rid of her. And he didn't tell me when he did it. And I have been begging him to tell me where she is and he wont. I am about to go to cops, I know this is a civil thing not legal. But I have her papers. Can you guys help me figure out what to do? I have been a mess since he told me that he got rid of her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... call the cops and since you have her papers you might be able to get their help to at least get him to tell you where she is! Also call the local shelters see if he dropped her off... is it possible he is lying and she is still there? Do you have any mutual friends that can check for you

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
WOW.. Hopefully he has her and just doesn't want to give her back.

Pets here are considered personal property. Therefore, I'd go to my local precinct and file a report. Maybe they'd see it as theft? Not sure though since you willingly let him watch her. But either way, that would be my first step.

I would also contact her vet, and let them know that if he brings her in, to contact you immediately. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Really hope you get her back. Can't imagine going through this... :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG, OMG… I'm so sorry :*( First thing I would do is tell him that if he doesn't tell you where she is you will call the police. There has GOT to be some way legally to hold him responsible for getting rid of YOUR dog… I know in TN animals are considered personal property so legally he would NOT be allowed to get rid of her w/out your consent. Secondly what an A$$HOLE to do this to you… WHY?!! OMG I'm so damn angry for you… The breakup has to do w/you and him NOT DAISY!!! I'm sorry my anger isn't helping you. I'm so sorry honey… we are here for you always :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION], this is pretty shocking and horrible to hear. I'm sorry. But, if your ex-bf truly did love Daisy so much, I'm hoping that he is lying to you, just to get back at you. As immature and sickening as that sounds! Definitely do get the cops on this since Daisy is legally yours (i hope this is the case).

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Call the police immediately. I am so sorry he did this. Please call every shelter and vet in the area. Also look on craigs list. Seriously, I would kill him

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Well I called her Vet already and they havent seen her and they said they would keep a look out for her. He claims she has a new family. He knows that our types of dogs are a special breed so he knows not to take her to a shelter. I didnt want to threaten him with the cops cause that would just piss him off even more. And all he has to do is say that he doesnt know where she is. Like he just gave her to someone on the street. My cop friend said that what we probably can do is go talk to the cops have it documented and see if they will talk to him and if he doesnt want to tell me where she is then we are off to civil court. This is horrible I was happy to get away and re start my life and get him out of the picture ( still knowing I would have to deal with him some concerning Daisy) But I broke up with him and he made it seem he felt like it was a good idea that we split up. We wanted different things.... Like I wanted to spend time with him and he wanted to work a ton and sleep on his day off. He hasnt acted like he wants me back but he is being emotional. I wouldnt go back to him anyways. I called him this morning just to try again and he just kept saying, shes with her new family. And I texted him after that and said, "I will never forgive you for this". I was hoping if he did still care he might would reconsider telling me where she is. Im gonna go to the police department tonight and talk with them. His name is on the papers. But all the signatures are mine. I only added him so just in case he could be documented on there somewhere. I just cannot believe he did this. I cant sleep and Im in constant worry. Its like f*ck just tell me where she is and Ill go get her. He doesnt even have to be involved. @2BullyMama @brutus77 @cali baker [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] @Blueberrys Mom

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION]

I can't even tell you how sorry I am for this… what a complete jerk!!! I really hope that he comes to his senses and tells you where she is, or you nail his A$$ in court!!! Do you have any mutual friends/family that may be able to get him to fess up where she is?!!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I doubt it. I didnt like his friends too much. And Im sure his sister took his side in this. I just hope I can get some thing worked out.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Call his family if you are on terms with them and ask them for their help to find Daisy. Prayers and positive thoughts.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@ddnene I doubt it. I didnt like his friends too much. And Im sure his sister took his side in this. I just hope I can get some thing worked out.

Go the nice route first -- talk to the cops see if they can get him to say anything... if not start putting up posters and FB posts that she is missing and possibly was stolen that might get the so called new family to come around and give her back to you

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Go the nice route first -- talk to the cops see if they can get him to say anything... if not start putting up posters and FB posts that she is missing and possibly was stolen that might get the so called new family to come around and give her back to you

OMG sooooo smart!!! I have been super nice. Biting my tongue nice and thats not like me... Haha thats actually kind of funny cause he always told me I needed to learn to bite me tongue...lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG-I am so sorry [MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION] to hear this! It may really be a problem if his name is on the papers-as that makes him an "owner" also-and in the police's eyes, I would think you both have equal rights to her. like with children, when there is no custody agreement. If he can do this to you, he is NOT a good person. I pray you will get your girl back.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
OMG-I am so sorry @Sheena to hear this! It may really be a problem if his name is on the papers-as that makes him an "owner" also-and in the police's eyes, I would think you both have equal rights to her. like with children, when there is no custody agreement. If he can do this to you, he is NOT a good person. I pray you will get your girl back.

Ya I am a little worried about the papers. But I was hoping that if I am a just a co owner that he would have to get written consent from me to give her away. Im taking my papers in to the police tonight and let them look at them to see if I am the sole owner. His name is listed but I did all the signing!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh my God! Im so sorry hun i hope you get your furbaby back ;-(
What a jerk!
I agree with others maybe create Facebook page and get enough exposure to find her if everything else fails there are plenty members here who will share your plea on social media -someone must know where she is :-(
If you sign the papers you are the owner too -on the end of the day one cannot sell/give without other person consent

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.