Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I need help. Like big time. My ex got rid of Daisy. Read on

Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    I'm a cop in CA and I can tell you that even though it may be seen as civil matter, having an officer go over there and talk to him will at least likely allow you to know if he still has her or where he took her. It can actually be considered a criminal offense as well: The papers are in your name so you should say she was always YOUR dog and ownership was never shared. Technically, she is your property and he misappropriated the property which was entrusted to him. That is embezzlement, though I doubt the cops will arrest him given the domestic situation, they could scare him enough to cough her up. Check your state statute defining embezzlement and if it fits, you can sign a citizens arrest forcing the cops to at least cite him.
    Good luck and whatever you do, don't take that jerk back. He is trying to manipulate you by hurting you. Imagine what he would do if the two of you shared kids!
    http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/c...bezzlement.htm
    Thats great. Thank you

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Sheena, you did not deserve this and I will pray he gets her & gives her back to you,
    where she belongs. Knowing how bad you feel makes me cry, just so sorry. Praying
    GOD softens his heart...hugs of love, support & comfort <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

@Sheena. I'm so sorry to hear all this. he's using daisy for leverage cause he knows you love her so much and it's just a way to hurt you cause he's hurting. Do you think she could be with a family member or friends since he knows you will check the house?
    Good for you for taking the high road, I know it's hard cause i would have tore my town apart looking for my dogs if anything like this happened. But stay strong, you will find her!!!!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Ok guys. Went to the cops and they were busy. They only had 2 working tonight and just got called out. The dispatcher was like no help. But i did hear when he called the commander. .. so i know they were busy. He said I could come back though. He also recommended that I go up to county and petition a judge. So i will. I went to the house and he wasnt home. So i actually got to look in the kitchen... and yep she wasnt there Thanks guys for all your kind words!!! Ill keep you updated. @cali baker
    Ugh… God I'm so sorry, I had hoped he was just "lying" to you about Daisy. I agree w/the others on this, get the courts involved… this is total BS!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default I need help. Like big time. My ex got rid of Daisy. Read on

I cannot believe he would do this to you!!! I don't have any better advice than what was given, but I must say he is pond scum!!

Back when we were first married, (20 years ago omg) we moved to Tucson. Shortly after my husbands ex-step-father moved here. He dropped the family pitbull Melissa aka Missy at our house asking if we could watch her a couple of weeks while he found a place and got moved in.

Well, 6 months goes by and we never even get a phone call from him. We tried getting in touch with him but we had no home number (this was before cell phones).

Finally after all this time he calls asking to pick her up. Mind you, this was also my husbands dog that was in his home as he grew up, she was 15 years old.

My husband told him he was crazy, we loved her and she wasn't going anywhere. She was happy here and loved our bulldog Baby, it would kill her to separate her from her bully and our home. Plus we had cared for her for all this time, without a single phone call.... we thought he was never coming back!

Well that evening, he showed up at our door with a cop. Since he had licensed her in the state of Arizona and we had not, we were forced to give her to him. The police man apologized but he said we had no documentation so there was nothing he could do.

About 6 months later we get a call from a guy named Charlie, telling us that Missy was dying and Eddie (ex step father) was out of town. So Chip went to his house, and sure enough she was bloated and could barely move. She was pooping put her intestines. Chip took her to our vet and gave her lots of love as she crossed to the rainbow bridge. It killed him! He was so angry when he found out she had been like this for weeks and Eddie never even took her to the vet. When my hubby confronted him his response was simply that he would have never paid to take her to the vet and just would've put a bullet in her head.

Moral of the story is that if you have documentation that she belongs to you, hopefully you will be able to get her back. That POS did, even when he shouldn't have had the right!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bullmama; 09-10-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Ok guys. Went to the cops and they were busy. They only had 2 working tonight and just got called out. The dispatcher was like no help. But i did hear when he called the commander. .. so i know they were busy. He said I could come back though. He also recommended that I go up to county and petition a judge. So i will. I went to the house and he wasnt home. So i actually got to look in the kitchen... and yep she wasnt there Thanks guys for all your kind words!!! Ill keep you updated. @cali baker
    so sorry -- i was totally praying that he was lying to you just to hurt you. Continued prayers and hugs you get your baby back. Damn SOB hope he trips and breaks a leg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

OMG just reading now, so sorry to hear this, it is just horrible, disgusting, and I am speechless, thinking of you and praying this gets worked out.
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry you didn't get answers last night. I would go to the courts this morning and then back to the cops with the court documentation. Oh by the way, I would also burn the Mother Fers house down, but hey that's just me! Good luck. My heart breaks for your for every second she is not with you. Also, by what Lisa said above, when you get her back, get her licensed in your name immediately.
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

OMG Sheena I hope everything turns ok out!!! There's a special place in hell for people like this... glad you got away from him! I hope Daisy is returned to you sooner rather than later!!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Omg Sheena, I'm just reading this now, and my heart goes out to you, you must be so worried and heartbroken. What a mean thing to do to somebody. I hope like others have mentioned that he's lying, and ay e has moved her to a friends or a family members house, so you can't see her.? I hope you find her and get her back soon. You've been given great advice already. Only thing I can add is love, hugs and prayers that you find her. Keeping my fingers crossed, and I'll be watching for your updates. Good luck Hun.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Ugh guys! Well talked to a cop and they cant do anything. So I went to court today and its gonna be a pain. But of course Im gonna do it. This is so effing ridiculous. I cannot believe im dealing with this. Im worried that they arent feeding her the food she needs. Its just total bs. Thank you for all your kind words. ♡♡♡♡

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Keep us posted.
    You know any attorneys? Maybe get one to write him a letter threatening a lawsuit. They usually do it for like a few hundred bucks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads