Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I need help. Like big time. My ex got rid of Daisy. Read on

OMG-I am so sorry @Sheena to hear this! It may really be a problem if his name is on the papers-as that makes him an "owner" also-and in the police's eyes, I would think you both have equal rights to her. like with children, when there is no custody agreement. If he can do this to you, he is NOT a good person. I pray you will get your girl back.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    OMG-I am so sorry @Sheena to hear this! It may really be a problem if his name is on the papers-as that makes him an "owner" also-and in the police's eyes, I would think you both have equal rights to her. like with children, when there is no custody agreement. If he can do this to you, he is NOT a good person. I pray you will get your girl back.
    Ya I am a little worried about the papers. But I was hoping that if I am a just a co owner that he would have to get written consent from me to give her away. Im taking my papers in to the police tonight and let them look at them to see if I am the sole owner. His name is listed but I did all the signing!

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh my God! Im so sorry hun i hope you get your furbaby back ;-(
    What a jerk!
    I agree with others maybe create Facebook page and get enough exposure to find her if everything else fails there are plenty members here who will share your plea on social media -someone must know where she is :-(
    If you sign the papers you are the owner too -on the end of the day one cannot sell/give without other person consent
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

This is terrible to hear, I can't imagine how heartbroken you must be. I hope that he is just trying to upset you and that he hasn't actually given your dog to another family. The police can't really intervene because it's a civil matter. They might accompany you to knock on his door and inquire about where Daisy is. You'll have to take him to small claims court and sue for the return of your property...is there any chance you have a friend who is an attorney or a friend who can call in a favor to their friend who is an attorney? With the papers and other issues it sounds like you might need some real help. I wish you the best of luck getting her back! Keep us updated!

Real Name
    Maura
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ, Shugg & Roush
    Likes (Received)

Im so sorry about your situation its so sad when men get a little tude & ruin a good thing, the best thing i could think about doing is going to the cops taking your papers w/you & say he stole your dog & you want her back tell them you were moving your stuff out & he took the dog in the process & got rid of her to get back @ you & dont tell them he was keeping her for you or they might not do anything about it they might say you abandoned her so just tell them you were moving out & he secretly sold her or whatever he did & you want the info so you can go get your furbaby back & hope that he will have a heart & do the rite thing, this is so sad im.sorry to.hear about stuff like this its so sad i dont know what id do w/ou my dogs, Good Luck!!

Real Name
    Elizabeth
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King George
    Likes (Received)

Praying you get your baby back! Go to the cops most definitely & please keep us posted. The idea of the facebook page and going that route seems like a great idea! Do both, cops & facebook. Prayers your baby is safe and she is returned to you!!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Have you're police friend give the f#:#head a call. I think it may do the trick, I swear if I was anywhere close to Indiana she would be home with you.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    So we broke up and I moved out. I couldn't take Daisy with me until I got a place that accepts dogs. I was planning on keeping her there for 3 months. He was fine with it. He loves her so I wasn't worried. Well he was mad and threatened that he was gonna get rid of her after the first week. I thought it was just a threat. Well he claims he got rid of her. And he didn't tell me when he did it. And I have been begging him to tell me where she is and he wont. I am about to go to cops, I know this is a civil thing not legal. But I have her papers. Can you guys help me figure out what to do? I have been a mess since he told me that he got rid of her.
    I'm a cop in CA and I can tell you that even though it may be seen as civil matter, having an officer go over there and talk to him will at least likely allow you to know if he still has her or where he took her. It can actually be considered a criminal offense as well: The papers are in your name so you should say she was always YOUR dog and ownership was never shared. Technically, she is your property and he misappropriated the property which was entrusted to him. That is embezzlement, though I doubt the cops will arrest him given the domestic situation, they could scare him enough to cough her up. Check your state statute defining embezzlement and if it fits, you can sign a citizens arrest forcing the cops to at least cite him.
    Good luck and whatever you do, don't take that jerk back. He is trying to manipulate you by hurting you. Imagine what he would do if the two of you shared kids!
    http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/c...bezzlement.htm

Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Oh Sheena my heart is breaking for you. What a frigging a$$ he is being. I pray that your fur baby is back with you soon!!!!! I agree with everyone's advice, get others involved and scare the hell out of your ex. Good riddance to bad rubbish if he's willing to mess with your emotions like this
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Sheena, any progress/news? did you talk to the police this evening? Please let us know when u get a chance!

Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Ok guys. Went to the cops and they were busy. They only had 2 working tonight and just got called out. The dispatcher was like no help. But i did hear when he called the commander. .. so i know they were busy. He said I could come back though. He also recommended that I go up to county and petition a judge. So i will. I went to the house and he wasnt home. So i actually got to look in the kitchen... and yep she wasnt there Thanks guys for all your kind words!!! Ill keep you updated. @cali baker

Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Phil @dolphin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads