What should I expect out of my vet.....

Miami927

Jul 21, 2014
Indiana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miami & Maddox
Well I took Miami (18 weeks old) today to get the last of her shots. I had a few concerns about her food and allergies. I told her about how her chins getting red after eating and she said that's a "bulldog thing"I told her about her eyes watering and she said the same thing. She told me to wait it out until frost hits and then we will see if it is anything environmental. She didn't tell me I could give her anything for it, basically my baby can just deal with it if it is an allergy. Well since day one I didn't really care for the vet but was trying to keep an open mind. She is the vet around that does all the procedures for the english bulldogs. C-sections, artificial insemination, ect ...I don't see her passion for the breed at all. All she did was look in her ears, at her teeth and told me I need to cut back on her food(she is only 22 pounds and gets 3 cups a day of acana) she didn't look at any of her folds. She just treated her like she was just a puppy of some other breed. Is that right not to check all of that? Miami is my first bully and I want her to have the best care. I'm sure you all know what I am talking about then I say"she's just like my daughters I wouldn't take them to a doctor that didn't care about them" My question for all you great people is what should I expect out of my vet when they are doing an exam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd say she should at least have looked at the folds. I would try a different food if she's got total pink face, finding the right food is the hardest thing with these babes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If it is a schedule appointment and you are paying for an exam, i would expect folds/wrinkles to be checked, especially if you mentioned it. I get why she is saying see what happens after 1st frost, but in the meantime, you can give benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day to help with some of the issues. Also, keep in mind, tears and watery eyes can be from teething too

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would expect a head to tail check if this was a check up and to address any concerns you had.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would look for a different vet that would check your baby over well and actually acted like they cared. I would try a different protein in the food, or different brand. We had to go through several foods before we found one that worked for ours.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.