Does your Bully SUCK down it's food in under a minute?!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I can't believe how FAST Gertie and Ida inhale their food! I set their bowls down and everything disappears in less than a minute! They act like they're just being starved to death! I'm wondering if my two eat so fast because they're afraid the other one will come finish their food if they don't hurry, or do all bullies do this?

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
OMG I pretty much just posted the same thing in the food section! SO YES and I am worried. Seriously almost the same thing!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Yes Ireland sucks the food down so quick.. I thought i was the only one with the problem lol...

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Well, glad to hear that mine aren't the only ones probably getting indigestion! But that's the thing, they never even belch afterwards. If we ate that fast, we'd probably throw up. I never thought to put this in the food section.

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
BUGZY DOES THE SAME THING AND HES THE ONLY DOG HERE!LOL HE SWALLOWS HIS FOOD HE DOESNT CHEW IT...IS THAT WHAT ALL OF YOUR DOGS DO TO???AM NOT SURE IF THATS NORMAL OF HIM TO DO!!!:confused:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Yep.. Belly just got fed and inhaled it and she's only 10 weeks old..you would think we were starving her...so much so that she ate her poo :poo: today ..ewww! No baby kisses for Belly...

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Yuck! Belly, don't do that! I don't think they do that because they're hungry. I'm not sure but I think I heard it's from something lacking in their diet, but I can't remember exactly what I heard.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
A minute is stretching it, more like 20 seconds!!! I keep saying I am going to get a slow feeder bowl, but he does not get sick or have any unusual gas from eating so fast. He does not even chew he just inhales. Good thing his food it little morsels!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Yuck! Belly, don't do that! I don't think they do that because they're hungry. I'm not sure but I think I heard it's from something lacking in their diet, but I can't remember exactly what I heard.

I told Belly you said not to do that @Gertie's Mom. I don't think she's listening though . I am going to start adding some Fromm's gold puppy food to her Eukanuba starting this weekend. She gets cottage cheese and pumpkin in it also. Hoping the Fromm's has whatever she needs cause I'm not kissing ol poo breath until she stops it.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Vegas and Bear both!!! piggies.

I got the slow feeder bowl and it didn't slow Bear down but maybe up to 10 seconds. He is still way under a minute but he isn't having any problems as far as indigestion.

[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] did you ever change to feeding Ida and Gertie to 2x a day? That could be why they act as though they are starving but I feed boo boo head twice a day and he still acts a fool.

I think its just in the bulldog nature to be ravishing when it comes to their food, any food :p

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
up until a few months ago.. Chester would do this. I mean, he still eats fast.. but he comes up for air now :yes:

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Bertie is real bad about inhaling her food. I used to free feed and it worked fine until Bertie went to the vet and had all of her surgeries. She had the cherry eyes, soft pallet reduction, stenotic nares and spayed. When she came home she acted like she couldn't get enough food or she was starving. I got her a slow feeder bowl and that wasn't worth buying. She won't eat out of plastic and the stainless steel one just had a big trough around the outside part of the bowl and a big bump in the middle. I got rid of it and I bought an Omega Portion Control Ball. It is made out of glazed porcelan and it helped somewhat...so now I have two of the Omega Balls...a small one and a large one. They are both in her bowl...they slowed her down a little bit, but she can still eat pretty fast.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep all of mine act like they are starving. I think it may be because we schedule feed rather than free feed. So they are already thinking about it and starving by the time it hits their bowls!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online