hmmm... I never noticed it before..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
this morning..we are having a dog show in the area - they were interviewing on the news and 2 bulldog trainers were interviewed. Well..one bully, that looked so much like Chester :luv: was jumping up on his trainers legs as he was standing there being interviewed. Chester doesn't jump up on people..he never has. Does your bully jump on people?

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear doesn't jump on strangers. when i have people come over for random things he likes to sniff their shoes and he gets petted. The UPS man is a favorite of his but that could also be because he gives him treats. HOWEVER, Bear does jump on me the husband and my son when he is excited. He's a leaper actually :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie doesn't jump on people either. But, she will bounce and literally have all four paws off the floor if Bruce gets her excited enough when he shakes her cup of food as he's bringing it in the room. She doesn't get nearly as excited when I feed her though.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
So far Jozi doesn't. If she starts
she will have to broken of that.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas does too :angry:, and if he wants to he will hump too!! double :angry:!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
He'll only jump on you if he wants to hump you. The other 2 don't...

sowdie

May 27, 2010
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola does. It's a habit we try to break, but she gets so damn excited to see people. Usually if people come down to her level and pet her she won't, but she can't stand not getting attention. She tends to target the people who aren't interested in giving her attention.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I am not sure I would call it jump, but when I get home every day Lola will jump so her front legs are on my legs - she wants to be 1st in getting all the hugs and kisses (even before my daughter can get to me)! I don't really notice her doing that to anyone else, thank goodness because she is heavy and if you are not ready she will knock you down. I remember when we got her, her daddy did that to me and I was not ready and I busted my butt good.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Nope, Gertie and Ida don't jump up if you're standing. They will jump up on our knees if we're sitting down. They come and jump up to be petted and loved on, which is fine.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
only if i ask him to. he will wiggle and paw at your leg for attention though.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
OMG yes! He's terrible about it. It's my fault, I've always let him do it and so do most of the people that come over. We've always had alot of different friends and family over, some even encourage it. I think I would have been better about stopping that early on if we were around kids more often but me and most of my friends haven't got to the age where we are having kids yet and we don't have any kids in the family even so I've never had to worry about that.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Yes she jumps on everyone no matter what size! I get so :angry:!! It is one bad habit that I have been having problems with and I hate when people say oh it's okay and I am trying to teach her it is wrong!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie doesn't jump up - and she never has. However, one of our miniature schnauzers does it, and since Brandi and Daddy have become best buddies Daddy has now started to do it. I think that he learnt off her, and it's now proving to be very difficult to get him to un-learn it. I try and show him my palm/hand and say no but sometimes he's so excited that he just ignores me. :angry:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.