First time leaving my munchkin for the weekend...

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I think I'm the one with separation anxiety...does anyone else get antsy when they have to leave their dog for the weekend?

So tonight I'm leaving for the beach for the weekend with some friends. At first we thought we could bring the dogs (Ruckus and my friend's pointer mix who is also Ruckus's BFF), but earlier this week the owners of the condo we're going to told us the condo association gets annoyed when guests (so not the condo owners) bring their dogs so the pups can't come.

My boyfriend's parents offered to watch him for the weekend for us and with some urging from everyone involved in the trip I said ok. They love Ruckus and my boyfriend's dad will wrestle with him, which he absolutely thinks is the best thing ever. I don't know why I'm so worried. They just aren't dog people -- I had to write out detailed directions...

I've gone out of town and my boyfriend has been home with Ruckus and we've left him with my dad before, but my dad has owned bulldogs all his life and has 2 Great Pyrenes that are ruckus's age and he just gets added to the pack and spoiled by my dad.

I think I'm just bummed that I snuck out of the house without giving him a smooch and a squeeze by because he was sleeping cuddled up in bed and my boyfriend was working from home so I wanted to let them sleep in. He'll already be at their house when I get home from work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 162

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, it sounds like Ruckus will be in very, very good hands this weekend. You're so lucky you have reliable bull-dog sitters! Have a great time at the beach :)

And yes, if I have to leave my boys for just a night, i worry and miss them dearly.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He'll have a great time with his parents, don't worry!! Now just make sure you have a great time too!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I know you'll miss him, and we all tend to worry when they are away from us. We all feel that nobody takes as good care of our babies as we do. I understand, I get that way even when my hubby has them alone. He's not as obsessed ask am with their adding their supplements, and wiping their faces, but he does feed them, and takes them for long walks, and loves to cuddle with them, so they are in good hands. I'm sure your guys will be loved and spoiled while you're gone, and I hope you have a great time. Enjoy yourself, it's the last few good weekend sof the season.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
try to have a great weekend.... Ruckus will be well taken care of and have a ball!

PS... I always have separation anxiety when away from my kiddies too

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is hard leaving them, but sounds like he will have some fun while you are gone.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I get antsy when we both leave for an hour! He'll be good, don't worry.

GREAT Picture have FUN!!!!

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Have fun and try to relax, they will be having a great time too! I on the other hand have full blown panic attacks when I leave my babies for more than a few hours :(

Littleeagle

Jul 28, 2011
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
You think you get antsy.....we bought an F350 and about to get a fifth wheel so we don't have to leave our babies! So much for Jamaica but there is plenty in the great ole USA to see with our bully and cats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.