A big week for The little man

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Bolder is really blossoming into something special. We have had an amazing week with the guy and he took it all in stride. Just so you know, he will be 14 weeks tomorrow and has started earning house privlidges :w00t:

It started over the holiday, I had my elderly uncle and aunt come for a visit. I was a little nervous since he had been in a sharky phase as of late and had drawn some serious blood from a friend. Well, he seemed to KNOW to be gentle with them. He spent 4 days snoozing on their laps and never played in appropriately. In fact, they now want a EBD and will be waiting for our breeder to have another litter....YAY!

Then Saturday, (we live on a small farm in the middle of no where) but every year our nearest neighbor hosts a music festival on his property, bringing in bluegrass bands from around the country. It was fairly small from what we understand, no more than 150 people camped out. But we brought Bolder, since we LOVE music festivals and wanted to introduce him to his future. Well, we were in a 5 acres fenced yard and there were 13ish adult unleashed dogs frolicking. I was nervous and kept him on my lap on a leash for over an hour during which time 50 + people came to love on him. He LOVED it and could not stand being leashed, he wanted to play. Finally after the host came over and scolded me for not sharing the puppy and convinced me (with much urging) to let him play. He introduced himself to every single person there. I followed him like a nervous hen, but he was wonderful. Even the adult dogs looked out for him and took him under their wings so to speak. There was ZERO dog aggression and every thing was lovely! He also ended up on stage with the bands a few different times and the crowd went wild for him :)

Then last night, DH's bowling league started right after Bolders dinner, so we had to feed him and leave :ohmy: I was really upset leaving him because he only potted once after eating and I KNOW it's a 3 poo deal. So hubby convinced me to leave him out with our lab girl. We left the back porch door open for him if he had to potty. The house is pretty doggy safe and we have hard woods. So I left them both in the living room and prayed our house would be in one piece. 6hours later we made it home (BTW the longest by 3 hours he's been alone) And everything was fine :D There were 2 poos and 3 wees on the back deck. He let him self out. Nothing was chewed or destroyed and he was sleeping peacefully in the doggy bed with Bells. He had taken one shoe of mine and deposited it on the deck but without any damage.

I know he will have his accidents and possibly destroy something in our future, but he is just so darn GOOD! I am a happy proud Mama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This brought a smile to my face, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
So it can be done, so glad to hear such a positive story and expressed with so much love Bolder and the lab are truly blessed- keep up the good fight

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Bolder You are such a Good boy, your Mom is so Proud of you. Love and Kisses to You Bolder.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, i'm impressed with Bolder, and what a good boy he is! your story gives me some hope; my 3.5 yr old bully can't be left alone for an hour w/out destroying something (my sofa usually).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great little guy you have.... superstar of the music festival! Thanks for sharing

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think we need pictures to prove how awesome he is.... Heehee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk