Wonderful setup for a sweet (and probably spoiled ;) Bully Girl!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
To be honest, I'm really not sure what I think about this set-up.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
One thing that came to my mind was how safe is this bully with all the tenants coming by to see her and everyone (with her 1000 instagram followers), knowing about her and where she lives? Maybe i'm being paranoid?

In any case, she's a cutie!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So, as a DC resident I've heard about Emmy. I haven't met her, but know of the building. It's an expensive building in one of the next big development areas of DC. A lot of people are renting and buying there because there are restaurants and what not going in. While I think she currently is a happy little bulldog puppy, I have the following concerns:

I believe she came from Sugarplum Bulldogs...and I won't get off on too much of a tangent, but the woman who owns it has a big beautiful farm in Virginia and it's all from bulldog money. (I did my research when I was looking for a breeder when I got Ruckus). She sells "miniature" English bulldogs and promises people they will be around 25-30 pounds full grown. I've heard she gets a lot of "returns" because some of the dogs grow bigger and people decide they don't want them. She also charges a lot more for her dogs than most breeders (upwards of $4k). She also doesn't actually breed her dogs at her farm...they are bred at her "breeding facility" in the Midwest and at 8 weeks transported to her farm in Virginia where she regularly has 30-45 puppies to sell. She doesn't ask a lot of questions, you just pay her and take your puppy. So she claims to be a breeder, but she she is a puppy broker who owns a puppy mill in the Midwest. Her dogs are also rumored to have health issues. It would be hard for most people to figure all of this out if they're looking for their first English Bulldog, but my heart breaks for the poor bullies at her Midwest facility. 45 puppies??? I mean she has to be breeding so so many dogs at once. Horrible.

Right now it seems the property manager is her owner, but what happens when he isn't the property manager anymore? Does he take her with him or is she owned by the building? And what about when she isn't an active puppy? Give her as a burden to the new manager who might not want her or love her? Replace her with a new puppy and dump her somewhere?

Now my interest is peaked. I'm sure I know someone who knows someone who lives there or maybe I'll just go by as a "potential renter" and take a little tour! I'll post an update.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting... but I am thinking it is a marketing ploy and she is most likely owned by one of the office workers

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.