Puppy pen

C

Chelseaay

We have brought a puppy pen for amy but the front is too high for her to get in or out as she isn't very tall and she is low from the puppies inside, any ideas what can help?! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409751169.249314.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... that is really high? can you take it back and exchange it for a different one?

OP
C

Chelseaay

Wow... that is really high? can you take it back and exchange it for a different one?

I know our last one wasn't half as high as this, we have put something under the tray to make it higher for her to try make it easier, have to see how she gets on with it, it's the only one they had we ordered it off the Internet didn't realise how high it actually was ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409754383.367668.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know our last one wasn't half as high as this, we have put something under the tray to make it higher for her to try make it easier, have to see how she gets on with it, it's the only one they had we ordered it off the Internet didn't realise how high it actually was View attachment 76417

hopefully, that works for her. only downfall with internet purchases, just a bitch to return items

OP
C

Chelseaay

hopefully, that works for her. only downfall with internet purchases, just a bitch to return items

I know bless her she couldn't get out when we helped her in, felt horrible because it's ment to be a comfortable place for her

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know bless her she couldn't get out when we helped her in, felt horrible because it's ment to be a comfortable place for her

yep. that is what you want their crate/pen to be... a safe and comfortable spot where they want to be. Our girl is going on 9 yrs old and she TOTALLY loves her crate, we call it her 'safty-safe' and she knows we will not touch or bother her when she goes in.. so if she is in there we know she does not want to be disturbed

OP
C

Chelseaay

yep. that is what you want their crate/pen to be... a safe and comfortable spot where they want to be. Our girl is going on 9 yrs old and she TOTALLY loves her crate, we call it her 'safty-safe' and she knows we will not touch or bother her when she goes in.. so if she is in there we know she does not want to be disturbed

Aww, all our bully's have crates which they go in and out of but because she's due next week we have been letting her sleep in the kitchen so she has room and the pen only just arrived, now I'm gutted because of the height hopefully it will help her with the tray abit higher. I know you can get steps and stuff but she doesn't climb up steps so they wouldn't be any good

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww, all our bully's have crates which they go in and out of but because she's due next week we have been letting her sleep in the kitchen so she has room and the pen only just arrived, now I'm gutted because of the height hopefully it will help her with the tray abit higher. I know you can get steps and stuff but she doesn't climb up steps so they wouldn't be any good

Oh, I forgot she was prego... :yikes: best of luck with everything next week... be sure to keep us posted -- sending many positive thoughts that all goes well

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
I would just make a temporary step to get in and out for her. That way you could remove it when the puppies come.

Most Reactions