Thread: Ba Ba Bad

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Ba Ba Bad

I haven't posted many pics of Buster because I am embarrassed and sad. About 6 months ago when he was coming to the end of his Fromms Pork & Peas bag we decided to try out the Lamb & Lentil. It was right at the same time as the start of spring and his allergies went nuts, his face became a red swollen mess and so we switched him over to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast because I saw how fantastic @Chumley looked and his snow white face and Jim had started giving him that because that was what Hershey was on and Chumley seemed to do well on it. Things got better for Buster but this one spot to the left of his nose never got completely better and I am a FREAK about his health and so now I think it's the lamb that does this to him.

He's been on a bland diet the last 2 days and LOVES it, he's never had even a bite of chicken before and is wacky over it LOL, tomorrow he'll start back on the pork and peas and we'll see how it goes. He does looks better too because Spring is gone but I don't think him being on lamb helped the situation. Figuring out these foods is the hardest part of living with a bully, I feel like a bad dad but I know I can get under control. Sucks.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ba Ba Bad

Aww poor Buster… he still looks fantastic to me!!!
    My boxer Roxie is on Earthborn Holistic and she's doing great. Fromm's wasn't working for Winston, and I had planned to switch him to the Earthborn line. Wally is on Fromm's now, and his tear stains are still there but I'm still transitioning him from the puppy line to grain-free Beef. I'm going to give it more time before I switch up again, but I agree… this food jungle is constant!!! Do you think Buster is having a reaction to the chicken?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Poor baby. You are a great daddy Phil and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Finding the right food is a roller coaster ride for sure. Heck We are in the front seat ourselves right now with Harlea and the food bus.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Ba Ba Bad

So happy to see a pic (but only one??!!) of Buster, he's a beautiful bullie.

But umm.. I must insist on more pics!
    Last edited by bullmama; 09-03-2014 at 09:51 AM.

agingermom's minion and cabana boy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    jimmy
    Country
    Scotland .
    Bulldog(s) Names
    diesel - paisley & nula
    Likes (Received)

Poor buster. Hopefully he's on the right road to Heath

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We see that here too on and off. We made a change from kibble to raw a few months ago and whereas Castor's digestion improved drastically within a week, he still had watery eyes and was itchy. We bought ready made frozen raw and recently, we changed brand to an all grainfree combination of pork, chicken and lamb, and we hope to see some improvement now regarding what probably is some kind of allergy. He looks a bit motheaten too, so unless the new diet fixes that, we will take him to the vet for an allergy test.

Having said all of that, let me say that Buster is a very beautiful bulldog. He looks so gentle, and what a beautiful bite with no teeth showing.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww Phil you don't ever have to feel embarrassed or sad, you are a great bully Dad, and Buster is very lucky to have you. All we can do is our best, we all try to give our bullies the best food we can, and the supplements that can enhance or improve their health, but every bully is different, and what works for one doesn't always work for another, and what one can tolerate, another one can't. It's really trial and error when trying to find a food that they tolerate, and you may fix one problem with one food brand, but end up with a different problem on another food. That's where I've been at the last month or so, my Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We went through 4 food changes when our guys were puppies, then we found Fromm's Beef, which they have been eating for the last 2 years, they were doing really well during this time. A little over a month ago blossom started showing signs of allergy symptoms again, not as bad as when she was a puppy, when she had pink skin, rash, hives, red chin acne, pink warm ears, and itchiness, but she started to lick her paws, and Dozer who had never shown any signs of allergies actually started to show more signs than Blossom. He was shedding like crazy, more than usual. I had 1 or 2 dustpans full of his hair everyday, his coat felt dry, his eyes were goopy, and he was licking his paws to the point that they were soggy, and they changed colour. I switched their food to the Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, thinking it was either the Beef, or that maybe they had become intolerant or sensitive to being on the same food for over 2 years. I noticed the shedding stopped after this change, and the goopy eyes stopped, Blossom stopped licking her paws, and seems to be doing well on this food, but Dozer is still licking his paws a little, not as much as before. It's only been a month so time will tell if they tolerate this food. It's hard to find one food brand that leaves them completely symptom free.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

He's so beautiful! I hope he keeps improving, sounds like he had a very tough spring! Give him our love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)

poor buster!!! BUSTER!!!!!!!!! guess what, we still love you and think youre the most handsome ever!!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

Rescue Volunteer dieMuttivonBifi's Avatar
    Country
    from the Philippines but residing in Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bifi (beef-ii)
    Likes (Received)

Owww darn these allergies. Poor Buster. So glad its all over now, well almost. He wouldn't get better if you're not a good daddy Phil. And wow Buster is one handsome boy!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Poor Buster.... look at that sweet face. Phil, same happen with Banks, she did well on the Lamb (small bag) I bought the 26 lb bag and her face went to hell in a hand basket. i went out and bought the 26lb pork and peas.. has taken about 3 wks and she is back to normal. Cheli is finishing up the lamb, but they will both be on the pork and peas once that is gone.

good luck... hope he is cleared up soon
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone for the kind words. @2BullyMama, that's exactly what happened to him, I should have just switched back to the pork and peas like you've done, happy that Banks is better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads