Ba Ba Bad

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I haven't posted many pics of Buster because I am embarrassed and sad. About 6 months ago when he was coming to the end of his Fromms Pork & Peas bag we decided to try out the Lamb & Lentil. It was right at the same time as the start of spring and his allergies went nuts, his face became a red swollen mess and so we switched him over to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast because I saw how fantastic [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] looked and his snow white face and Jim had started giving him that because that was what Hershey was on and Chumley seemed to do well on it. Things got better for Buster but this one spot to the left of his nose never got completely better and I am a FREAK about his health and so now I think it's the lamb that does this to him.

He's been on a bland diet the last 2 days and LOVES it, he's never had even a bite of chicken before and is wacky over it LOL, tomorrow he'll start back on the pork and peas and we'll see how it goes. He does looks better too because Spring is gone but I don't think him being on lamb helped the situation. Figuring out these foods is the hardest part of living with a bully, I feel like a bad dad but I know I can get under control. Sucks.

IMG_1829_zps753e1208.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww poor Buster… he still looks fantastic to me!!! :w00t:
My boxer Roxie is on Earthborn Holistic and she's doing great. Fromm's wasn't working for Winston, and I had planned to switch him to the Earthborn line. Wally is on Fromm's now, and his tear stains are still there but I'm still transitioning him from the puppy line to grain-free Beef. I'm going to give it more time before I switch up again, but I agree… this food jungle is constant!!! Do you think Buster is having a reaction to the chicken?!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor baby. You are a great daddy Phil and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Finding the right food is a roller coaster ride for sure. Heck We are in the front seat ourselves right now with Harlea and the food bus.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So happy to see a pic (but only one??!!) of Buster, he's a beautiful bullie.

But umm.. I must insist on more pics!

Last edited by a moderator:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We see that here too on and off. We made a change from kibble to raw a few months ago and whereas Castor's digestion improved drastically within a week, he still had watery eyes and was itchy. We bought ready made frozen raw and recently, we changed brand to an all grainfree combination of pork, chicken and lamb, and we hope to see some improvement now regarding what probably is some kind of allergy. He looks a bit motheaten too, so unless the new diet fixes that, we will take him to the vet for an allergy test.

Having said all of that, let me say that Buster is a very beautiful bulldog. He looks so gentle, and what a beautiful bite with no teeth showing.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww Phil you don't ever have to feel embarrassed or sad, you are a great bully Dad, and Buster is very lucky to have you. All we can do is our best, we all try to give our bullies the best food we can, and the supplements that can enhance or improve their health, but every bully is different, and what works for one doesn't always work for another, and what one can tolerate, another one can't. It's really trial and error when trying to find a food that they tolerate, and you may fix one problem with one food brand, but end up with a different problem on another food. That's where I've been at the last month or so, my Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We went through 4 food changes when our guys were puppies, then we found Fromm's Beef, which they have been eating for the last 2 years, they were doing really well during this time. A little over a month ago blossom started showing signs of allergy symptoms again, not as bad as when she was a puppy, when she had pink skin, rash, hives, red chin acne, pink warm ears, and itchiness, but she started to lick her paws, and Dozer who had never shown any signs of allergies actually started to show more signs than Blossom. He was shedding like crazy, more than usual. I had 1 or 2 dustpans full of his hair everyday, his coat felt dry, his eyes were goopy, and he was licking his paws to the point that they were soggy, and they changed colour. I switched their food to the Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, thinking it was either the Beef, or that maybe they had become intolerant or sensitive to being on the same food for over 2 years. I noticed the shedding stopped after this change, and the goopy eyes stopped, Blossom stopped licking her paws, and seems to be doing well on this food, but Dozer is still licking his paws a little, not as much as before. It's only been a month so time will tell if they tolerate this food. It's hard to find one food brand that leaves them completely symptom free.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He's so beautiful! I hope he keeps improving, sounds like he had a very tough spring! Give him our love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
poor buster!!! BUSTER!!!!!!!!! guess what, we still love you and think youre the most handsome ever!!! :blush:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Owww darn these allergies. Poor Buster. So glad its all over now, well almost. He wouldn't get better if you're not a good daddy Phil. And wow Buster is one handsome boy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Buster.... look at that sweet face. Phil, same happen with Banks, she did well on the Lamb (small bag) I bought the 26 lb bag and her face went to hell in a hand basket. i went out and bought the 26lb pork and peas.. has taken about 3 wks and she is back to normal. Cheli is finishing up the lamb, but they will both be on the pork and peas once that is gone.

good luck... hope he is cleared up soon

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone for the kind words. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], that's exactly what happened to him, I should have just switched back to the pork and peas like you've done, happy that Banks is better.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Right now I'm doing beef Fritatta for breakfast and lamb & lentil for dinner- seems to be working very well. I decided to really do the interchangeable method for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Phil if you're a bad dad that doesn't leave much hope for the rest of us! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard man! we all go through issues with these guys and it seems it never ends sometimes. Don't withhold pics of Buster he's too cute! Chum is constantly chewing toys and balls and It seems I can never get the red out if his chin and jowls because they're always rubbing against something or other. Every flavor of Fromms gave him problems and Earthborn seems to be working the best so I'm sticking with it for now. Good luck..you'll figure it out but what a pain in the neck it is!

Most Reactions