Suggestion on where to Adopt

Kt126126

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
Hi Everyone,
It's been some time since I've been on the forum after I lost my Abby who I miss every day. :moping:

The shelter who we adopted Abby from felt so bad for us they sent us another dog (Bandit a Olde English Bulldog/Shar-pei mix.) Bandit has been in our lives for about a year and a half now. He is a very happy, healthy boy that we love very much. Bandit is in need of a brother or sister. He just loves other dogs and I think it would make him feel so happy. Plus my husband and I miss having a true bulldog because we all know they are one of a kind.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give us advice on where we can find happy healthy puppy bulldogs for a reasonable price in my area (PA) no pet shops? We normally adopt from a shelter, but with all the health issues bulldogs can have we are looking for a well breed bulldog. We found out that the olde English seem to be the healthiest of breeds so we thought about going that way. Any advice or any information or if anyone knows of anyone who has puppies if you can let me know.

Thanks!
Katie

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hi Katie, sorry about your Abby. It is hard getting over losing a beloved bully. Just a reminder to everyone, we cannot suggest a breeder on here, but someone can private message you with a suggestion. There are some good healthy bullies in rescue sometimes, you just have to watch for them. I don't know anyone in that area, but [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] might know of someone.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your sweet Abby, it's so hard when our babies pass, they become a part of our family, and when they leave they take a piece of our hearts with them, and leave a paw print on our hearts. RIP sweet Abby, you were loved, and you will be missed. It's so great that you are looking to adopt another another bully. Have you looked on the Adoption forum? There is one in PA, that has a sweet bully girl for adoption, she is 3 years old, and her name is Princess Harley.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Katie... I can relate to the hole left after the loss of a bully baby. What area of PA are you in and how far are you willing to travel?

There are some healthy babies in rescue, you just need to find the right one for you... have you looked at BUMPER rescue site? they are out of NY but adopt all over

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sorry for the passing of Abby. There is a breeder in York who is expecting a litter this month. Let me know if you want more info. We got our Jewel from him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.