Puppy weight ?

Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
Hello I'm new to this site and still trying to figure it out so I apologise if this type of thing has been asked already, I just got my girl she is 16 weeks and a couple of days, I had her weighed and she is 26.5 pounds which is 1 stone 13 or 12kg. her mum was small and her dad was big, judging by her weight now I was just wondering who she was going to take after. Is this large for a female pup of this age or normal or small ? I'm not fussed either way but just wondered, I struggle to lift her ! Thank you :D

OP
K

Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
This is beau x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 165

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Shes a good looking puppy. Don't worry about her weight to much only if she starts getting to round. Bulldogs grow at different rates and no one is the same.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
She is a pretty girl. I would not worry about weight at this time because she is a puppy. We fed our Jewel 1 cup three times a day as a pup. When older...she cut herself back to 2 times a day. When Jewel was 8 months after a growth spurt she was 50 lbs. She slowed down in growth and topped 60 lbs at 1 year. So it is too early to tell how much she will weigh. Each bully is unique.

BTW welcome to the site.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is going to be a fairly big girl, and a beauty.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Our Holly was bigger than most of her brothers. Shes a 50-55 pound 2 yr old sweetheart these days :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Double the weight at 16 weeks and you get a pretty accurate estimate of adult ideal weight. It worked for all my dogs do far. By the way, she is beautiful!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She is a beautiful looking girl, and her weight looks fine. My Wally is 45 lbs and he's 7 mos old now...

OP
K

Katie demes

Aug 31, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
Thank you, yeah I don't know her height exactly but her legs are short, glad to hear she not over weight I want to keep her healthy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 148

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Double the weight at 16 weeks and you get a pretty accurate estimate of adult ideal weight. It worked for all my dogs do far. By the way, she is beautiful!

Where did double the weight at 16 weeks come from?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you, yeah I don't know her height exactly but her legs are short, glad to hear she not over weight I want to keep her healthy

She doesn't look over weight at all in fact she looks pretty perfect to me. She's an absolute Beauty!!! :heart::heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She looks great, she's soooo pretty!

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Where did double the weight at 16 weeks come from?

From vets and breeders, but it is like a general rule of thumb, I guess. Its not 100% but it is generally accurate for most dogs give or take a few pounds. There are puppy weight calculators on the internet that are pretty good at figuring adult weight too. Here is one that predicted both of my bullys weight to within a couple pounds:
http://www.puppychart.com

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.