Bear is a little manipulator!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
He is so friggin cute i can't get mad at him. I am so frustrated. :crazy: he has been trying to get what is on the kitchen counters (still got to get pics or video of it by the time i get to the camera he stops) he's done about 5 piggy runs tonight, then the hubby gets him riled up we do this thing where he runs between me and my husband and gives us kisses but he barrels into me knocking me over but not him, not to mention all of the following around i had to do with him today because he had to wander around getting into stuff, chewing on the towels, i can't fold laundry because he has to be right there, climbs in the basket, tried to chase deer outside, peed on my car wheel, won't stay out of the firewood, Oh and i went into to clean our media room (nothing special) but I have expensive dry clean only drapes hung up to keep the light out. Well yeah Bear hiked his leg up and peed on a panel :eek: I didn't see that one coming. I am going to beat his little *** when I get a hold of him, right now he is being protected by his daddy.

However he is all nice and fluffy with nails trimmed and all cuz he had his beauty treatments today. <o

Does anyone think I need to get him another bulldog to play with being I don't let him rough around with my beagle, well when I can help it...

I would like to get a rescue dog before I get him his girlfriend. I dont' know what to do with him he is taking all my time.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
That worked really well for us. Gertie was an out-of-control brat when she was little! We brought Ida home and she really calmed down a lot and they play all day, everyday. It was the best thing we've done since we got Gertie.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Aww Bear just wants to play!! Sometimes you just
gotta beat their @**!! I think Id start with your husband
for protecting him.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I will tell you, Lola use to drive us nuts to play with her - all the time. Now that we have Brodie those two play all the time. If I initiate the playing both love it but he really keeps her busy. I thought it would take a while or at least him getting close to her size, but he can hold his own and she knows that he is a pup and does not get to rough with him. I swear that sometimes he needs it because he does not hold back and can really nip her "jaws". I feel for her sometimes. Bear needs a girlfriend!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ummmm. Yeah. It didn't work for us.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
aww, bear is a crazy man. you guys don't really beat them do you? just like a spanking right? lol.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] .... sounds like several have had good results with adding another bullie but what a chance you take doing that..... what if it DIDNT work. Then what... the 'funny farm' for YOU???? ;)

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I don't hit or spank my dogs, But speak to them with a deep voice and very firmly. I do wack LeRoy with a towel or rolled up paper if he's really doing something wrong. I don't wack him hard, the noise makes him stop.Is Bear neutered? That might help with the marking. Get it under control now, before it gets worse.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Much of his friskiness is his age. Most people think they will have a nice lazy bulldog but usually they dont get lazy until they are two. Then after about a year of laziness you forget they were ever hyper and think "geez, must be nice to sit around and snore all day long!!"

Bear is basically a toddler in his terrible twos.... I have thing 1 and thing 2 here that make me think the same thing you typed in paragraph 1!! But to me, my adolecent bulldogs are much easier to handle!! LOL

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] gosh no we would never beat our dogs. I yell, swat his butt with my hand to get him off my beagle but it certainly isn't hard and doesn't work, lol. The only thing he can't stand is getting shunned but event hat doesn't last long which is why i call him the manipulator.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.