brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie grabbed a whole pack of Thomas' onion flavored bagels off the counter and ran around the back yard with them. He ate 4 out of the 6 in the pack and a good amount of the plastic wrapper. So of course I am in full blown panic mode now. His airway is so tiny I was glad he didnt throw it up but im so nervous about it being in his tummy. He drank water and ate food after. Isnt onions toxic to dogs? What should I do????

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh dear… FRANKIE!!! :facepalm2: I would have to assume that the onion amount in bagels in not too bad, and since he's not choking I wouldn't worry about the plastic bag. He will probably pass that in a day or two… I would just keep an eye on him, if he's eating/drinking normally then I would TRY not to worry about it. I know that you will anyway, but I think he will be fine. These dogs are seriously going to be the death of us Rosalie… :hug:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I did get my husband chasing him around the back yard on video, but he forbid me to put it on EBN or FB. Hmm....if he never finds out is it still bad if I do it anyway??? Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I did get my husband chasing him around the back yard on video, but he forbid me to put it on EBN or FB. Hmm....if he never finds out is it still bad if I do it anyway??? Lol

AnD, if you post where he can't see :devil: How did the night go... Still OK?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Frankie! You naughty boy, I think you are going to give your mamma a heart attack!

I agree with Tracey, I think he may get an upset tummy, but hopefully he will be okay and be able to pass it. I would immediately start him on a bland diet and maybe some keifer and pumpkin to help him pass it all as quickly as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Oh I agree… You NEED to post that video, we won't tell… :evil:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh No Rosalie. These guys are so food motivated, and will eat just about anything. I agree with everyone, I think he will be okay, and pass the bagels and plastic. He may get an upset stomach and diarrhea, or he may become constipated from all the bread, either way giving him some pure pumpkin will help him. I also agree that you need to share that video. Lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hoping Frankie is doing okay! He's got good taste though...I love onion bagels! (in all seriousness, i hope he's doing well).

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey just checking in on Frankie?!! Is he doing okay?!! HEY where's our video…?!! LOL

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank is doing ok today. He is acting normal.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he is doing well today, I figured he would get diarrhea from that. Hope he continues to do well.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I am out for most of the day today. I hope I dont have any surprises when I get home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any news on Frankie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk