Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I Give Up On Vets

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBullyLover View Post
    Dr Dykeman at Brittmoore. I liked him because he was no nonsense but he went back and forth so much on Rocky's legs it drove me crazy. One minute it was xray the next it was xrays are so hard at this age its hard to tell whats in there, etc etc. He did say that when feeling Rocky's legs they seemed to be fine...no weird bone structure or anything. The soft stool thing he blew off and made me buy a bag of Science Diet as if that was the answer to all my problems. I had to remind him that Rocky should have a vaccination because he was sending me out the door and hadn't even looked at his previous records.

I just can't find anyone who knows exactly what the issue is with the legs. From our research it looks like it is not genetic and there is great potential that he will come out of it; but again that's not a sure thing. I feel like Rocky should have a brace or wrap on his leg but there is a lot of talk websites that when their chest develops the legs come in because they are compensating for the rapid growth / weight by spreading their legs outward to balance. That makes sense to me.

Just a few minutes ago he was in the grass doing a full out run across the yard chasing our other dog so I'm thinking he has potential to grow out of this issue. I just don't like that I have to diagnose and treat myself when I have a city full of vets.
    We use the same vet and were there about an hour ago for Harlea's annual check up. Dr. Dikeman is a good bully vet but he is more old school and set in his ways. Normally we see Dr. Kampschmidt or Dr. Barron. More so Dr. Barron as she is a relatively new vet and while she may not have decades of experience with bullies she is open to new and emerging treatments and she has been wonderful for us as she has done a lot of research along the way with the skin issues Harlea has had over the last 7 months. Even when it got to the point of having to look at switching foods to the SD prescription food they sell she listened to us in that we didn't want to use that food and agreed with the food choice we made for the trials. We just love her people skills and genuine love and care she has given to Harlea.

Don't give up on the site yet. Do you have a picture or a video that you can post of him standing or running and playing?
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I Give Up On Vets

We use Dr. Dykeman too and he is a great bully vet, and he is the only one I trust with my bullies. Other vets are OK, but Dykeman knows his stuff.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads