Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergic to my bully????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Allergic to my bully????

@NikkiSchoolcraft Maybe you will "grow" out of it. I wonder if you ever get immune to it (if you can tolerate to be around, etc, and around it for a long time). When we 1st got our cat (do not have him any longer), I had some allergy issues but close to 8 - 9 months after, I forgot to take an allergy pill for a couple of days and noticed, no issue so stopped and although I don't have one any longer I can be around any cat with no problems. I hope you find that it is something else, if not stock up on some meds . Good luck.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gretchen, Paige, Bella, and Fred
    Likes (Received)

I have had the same rection with some bulldogs. I found its the texture of the hair. When the dog would rub on my arms the hair would poke it and make a red rash. I hope you can get it figured out
    Amber Eaton
    Big Sky English Bulldogs

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaRN View Post
    that is strange. I think I am allergic to Chester..since we got him my eyes have itched and I sneeze quite often (similar to what happens when I am around cats). I told my husband, and he said he'd have my mail forwarded to where ever I moved to
    That would be my reaction...
    Nikki, I would try some different shampoos to see if that helps get the dander off. Maybe one will work better than another.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I get hives every time I touch any of my dogs. I just deal with it. When I'm done snuggling, I take a shower. Or when I pet them, I wash my hands afterward.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

When Vegas and I are rough-housing with each other and he scratches my arms, I get hives sometimes, not always, I have done this since we got him.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I agree it is the texture of the fur. Cutty makes me itch too. Not all the time but often after I have been snuggling him I am itchy. Nothing crazy like hives or anything and it goes away as fast as it came on. I have never been able to figure it out either cuz I know it is his fur that causes it. I have friends who break out after playing with him also, such a strange thing! Both boys are indoors and no cats or anything to speak of. Mugsy's fur is just fine and doesnt bother anyone so thats why I know it is something to do with the texture or something of Cuttys hair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads