Need help with Seasonal alopecia.

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
Thats what the vet is telling me. We ruled out ring worm and she hasnt had any change in food(Fromms pork and peas.)

We've had a similar issue with our Lola. No food changes, Fromms, and have finally ruled out ring worm yesterday. The vet says seasonal allergies and also that the root may be her food.

Then today, my other half tagged me a post from a breeder on FB about the same thing. One of her momma's had seasonal alopecia and after switching her from Fromms to Holistic Select anchovy, she's had almost all her hair grow back in a few weeks and the year stains are gone.

We're going to try switching Lola to Holistic Select and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
chemist

chemist

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaker
A little update on Beaker's bald spot. In august I started this thread because the vet had diagnosed her 2 bald spots as SFA. Alot of members commented on how it did not look like it because the skin wasnt black underneath. Well after a couple weeks, her skin started turning black. Its still black now and the hair is starting to fill back in. I thought i would mention it since my research on this site has never had a dog where the skin wasnt already black underneath. Anyone else run into this before? DSC_0022.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A little update on Beaker's bald spot. In august I started this thread because the vet had diagnosed her 2 bald spots as SFA. Alot of members commented on how it did not look like it because the skin wasnt black underneath. Well after a couple weeks, her skin started turning black. Its still black now and the hair is starting to fill back in. I thought i would mention it since my research on this site has never had a dog where the skin wasnt already black underneath. Anyone else run into this before?View attachment 79485

I wonder if it is because you caught it early and that is what it looks like in the first stage?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online