Hormones after Spay

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
We had Eleanor spayed a few weeks ago and since then she has changed. I expected her to change where she would be calmer and relaxed after the spay. It seems that she has a gone a little "crazy". She seems to have more piss and vinegar (excuse the language) than she did before. She is playing rougher, biting more when she plays, be bowls over our senior pug whos back legs are giving out. She does not respond to no or any type of correctional behavior. I am wondering if its hormones and if they will ever even out after awhile.

Keep in mind we got her when she was 10 months old and lived mostly in her crate we think. I am also wondering if she is just finally being a normal bulldog in her new loving family. She is a stinker and we love her but my 7yr old daughter is really mad her little sister because she is playing rough and biting :D.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could be a combination of both hormones and her feeling "at home". Maybe once the hormones balance out she will not be so full of it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, that's what I am thinking too, the hormones are going crazy. She should settle down in a few weeks.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
How old is she now?

Our Molly is almost 3 years old and Spayed about 6 months ago. She has bounce-off-the-walls-drag-kids-around-house-by-their-socks-days... and now she has lay-in-her-crate-don't-bother-me-i'm-sleeping days.

Everything i've read says they mellow out around 3 years old... and it seems to be whats happening with Molly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online