Hulk ate a piece of his toy

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
When Ruckus was little he ate a few (ok....so four) buttons off my tufted sofa. I panicked and called the vet about bringing him in and they told me if the object was the size of a water bottle cap or smaller that they'd probably pass it just fine, as long as it was plastic and nothing sharp.

If he is eating, drinking, and pottying normally he'll probably pass it soon enough. I agree with giving him some pure pumpkin to help him with some fiber.

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
When Ruckus was little he ate a few (ok....so four) buttons off my tufted sofa. I panicked and called the vet about bringing him in and they told me if the object was the size of a water bottle cap or smaller that they'd probably pass it just fine, as long as it was plastic and nothing sharp.

If he is eating, drinking, and pottying normally he'll probably pass it soon enough. I agree with giving him some pure pumpkin to help him with some fiber.

Thanks for that info. It was definitely smaller than a bottle cap. And it was from his kong bone so it's soft rubber. So far he hasn't pooped since breakfast which is good considering he went a few times before then.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! I was thinking the same thing so just gave him some more pumpkin. I'm going to give him some more with his dinner too. I hope that helps. How much pumpkin can we give a day? I tried finding I for online but it just mentions a few tablespoons. I have his pumpkin frozen so it's like a nice cube. He's gotten 2 so far today (small ice cubes).

I usually try to limit it to two tablespoons a day

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Update: hulk just had a solid poop and the little toy piece was in it :-) hopefully he'll be good now!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.