ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ok so Wally had his second dip today, and before he went to get bathed they put him on the scale. HOLY MOTHER 45 LBS… he's ONLY almost 7 MOS OLD!!! :eek: I could tell he was getting bigger, but he's way taller than Winston so I guess I just didn't notice the weight gain?!!

What can I do?!! He's eating 3 meals a day still, I've just switched him to the Fromm's Beef Fritatta… and he gets a snack twice a day. He gets one grain-free dog treat in the am, and fruit at night. I know I can cut back on the amount, but by how much?!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
At 7mos we went to 2 feedings a day at 1 cup each. Becareful of the fruit you are giving him, maybe it is too high in sugar?? Try frozen green beans instead for treats and snack. He is still the cutest Tubby Lumpkin around!!! :love:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
You can not say that about our Wally he is fine a little baby fat maybe but it will go away. Chance has cut himself down to twice a day as he will no longer eat his noon meals. Maybe Walter needs more time for everything to digest, glad the second dip went well with far less stress on both of you

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Tracey, I agree with Rosalie, we also switched our guys to adult Fromm's at the age of 7 months, and at the same time reduced their feedings from 1 cup 3 times a day, to 1 cup twice a day feedings. I always add 2 Tbsp of yogurt to the morning kibble, and this is when I give them their fruits. I usually give them 1/2 a cut apple each, or a handful of strawberries each, they also share a banana, but usually only twice a week because bananas are higher in sugar than the other fruits. The same with watermelon, they only get watermelon and bananas once in a while. On the evening kibble, they get the coconut oil, and veggies. I give them broccoli, cooked carrots, cooked green beans, or cauliflower, usually what ever we are eating for dinner that night. It also depends on how active they are, what their appetite is, what their poops are like, every bully is different, you know your dog and can gage it by their needs.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Our Ruby is not fat at all. She is longer bodied, but she is pure...at 7 months 4 days, she is 54 lbs.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as he has a waist and you can feel his ribs, he is fine. :)

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You can not say that about our Wally he is fine a little baby fat maybe but it will go away. Chance has cut himself down to twice a day as he will no longer eat his noon meals. Maybe Walter needs more time for everything to digest, glad the second dip went well with far less stress on both of you

It went really well… in fact when I went to get him at the vets he BOLTED out of the back and ran into this elderly man in the waiting room!!! :eek: I was so embarrassed, Thankfully the poor man was sitting down!!! Last time he came out looking really stressed out, maybe they gave him the wrong dip?!! LMAO!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Tracey, I agree with Rosalie, we also switched our guys to adult Fromm's at the age of 7 months, and at the same time reduced their feedings from 1 cup 3 times a day, to 1 cup twice a day feedings. I always add 2 Tbsp of yogurt to the morning kibble, and this is when I give them their fruits. I usually give them 1/2 a cut apple each, or a handful of strawberries each, they also share a banana, but usually only twice a week because bananas are higher in sugar than the other fruits. The same with watermelon, they only get watermelon and bananas once in a while. On the evening kibble, they get the coconut oil, and veggies. I give them broccoli, cooked carrots, cooked green beans, or cauliflower, usually what ever we are eating for dinner that night. It also depends on how active they are, what their appetite is, what their poops are like, every bully is different, you know your dog and can gage it by their needs.

Thanks Monica… he absolutely LOVES bananas and watermelon so I will cut it down some… Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our Ruby is not fat at all. She is longer bodied, but she is pure...at 7 months 4 days, she is 54 lbs.

Ok WHEW… I'd love to see a full bodied pic of her. Wally is going to be renamed to TANK!!! LOL

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As long as he has a waist and you can feel his ribs, he is fine. :)

I can see a waist, and I can feel ribs… maybe the scale was off?!! Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.