Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm not sure how many other members have had allergy issues with beef, I think the majority of allergies are to chicken, but I'm sure there are others who have bullies that are allergic to beef as well. I have just recently had to switch my two guys from Fromm's Beef Frittata to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We switched foods 4 times before we found Fromm's Beef, and they did really well on this food for the past 2 years, until now. For the past month Blossom started showing some signs of allergies again, she's mostly just licking her paws, and itchy, but Dozer who never had any problems with foods or allergies, is also showing allergy symptoms. He's been licking his paws excessively, until they are soggy, he's been getting goopy eyes, he was shedding like crazy, which he never did before, and he smells sour from his ears. I think he may have yeast. I switched them to the Fromm's Lamb, and they both seem to be doing better, and the shedding has stopped. I'm hoping they will tolerate this food, and their symptoms continue to improve. I guess time will tell. I wonder if being on the same food for over two years can cause an intolerance?

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I have heard that keeping a dog on te same protein with no variety for an extended period of time can ultimately lead to a sensitivity- the reason I ask is because duke and duchess have been back on raw for about 4 months now- after a stint on kibble which didn't go well- so they were on raw ground quail & bone with beef tripe and liver mixed in for nutrients they were doing good no tears/ or tear stains but they didn't have eye boogers constantly noatter what- my vet said give Benadryl so I did and they still had eye boogers- so now I switched them to ground beef & bone with tripe and liver- now they don't have eye boogers but their eyes are teary which is causing their folds to not stay dry which I can see the beginning stages of staining again- but everything else is good- nice shiny coats, no funny smell, no yeast ears or paws, output is what it should be

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well I have just been through every kibble thinking it was that with Ftse yeast problem and paws swelling and I have now taken him of beef and feeding him lamb and to my relief his tear stains have improved, the yeast in his ears are much better and his coat has got a shine back so I am really thinking it is the beef now but I guess can not say 100% just yet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I cant believe you posted this. This weekend I had bought these Angus beef treats for Buster and this morning instead of just tear stains, theyre bleeding. We had to take him off Fromms Beef Frittata because of his tear stains and this just solidifies what I've always suspected Buster is allergic to Beef. So yes I would say it's a real thing.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola gets skin sores and itchy on beef. I gave it a try first week of August and she still has bald spots.

sent from my droid mini

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It can totally happen.... a freind of mine has a Pitbull that is allergic to Beef and Lamb

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When I was at the pet shop once the lady behind the counter said it could be beef with Ftse and I hought she was a bit silly as she also told me rice had gluten in which I know it doesn't well most of it any way, turned out she was right she did say she was studying nutrition in pets food but the rice bit got me.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Pretty sure Holly has a beef allergy. She was very itchy, licked her paws constantly and her shedding was awful when she was on Fromms Beef Frittata and Natures Logic Beef. Shes currently on another flavor of Natures Logic and is doing alot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online