The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am astounded right now. We just started switching Harlea from Fromms to Honest Kitchen Saturday night and we are already starting to see some signs of improvement. She hasn't had a benadryl since Saturday morning and her scratching is about half of what it was and she has only done the booty scoot once. Her belly looks amazing to boot It is actually skin tone instead of red and bumpy.... Her tears aren't smelly and her fur is startung to get softer. I think we are finally on the right track and can't believe the results we are getting so far and i am hopeful that it continues....

I am a happy daddy right now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... that is astonishing! sending positive thoughts... hoping it continues in this manner!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Todd I thought I was the only one who had problems with Fromms...glad you found the right food..it's amazing how important it is! Good news for Harlea!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Jim we are at our wits end with this. We have tried so many thing with minimal results that this was the next logical option. We went with this product because my wife wasn't full sold on going raw so this is a compromise. What i really love about it is that we control the animal proteins that end up in it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW… that's amazing Todd. Winston wasn't doing well on Fromms either, and I was ready to change… I may do raw patties for Wally, I'm still on the fence w/it but w/all of his issues. I think it may be worth a try...

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] we were looking at the raw patties as well but all we were able to find by us were duck and lamb which we already know she can't have. :( We did just get a new Unleashed by Petco by use but i haven't looked at their raw selection yet so they may have something else.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad Harlea is doing better, keeping my fingers and crossed for you that she continues to improve and that you have finally found a food that she tolerates.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's so awesome!!! This is what happened when I found the right food- literally a month long ongoing skin infection and just one meal made all the difference. THK makes such a good food, was wondering if you could give us your food breakdown on them vs. Fromm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] Can we upload pdf files? If so i can post several different ones.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic news x it was so hard to find good food for Lilly -and when we thought we did she broke out in hives but at least Harlea is improving xx

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
In regards to protein allergies many dogs that have a kibble protein allergy do not show allergy symptoms for that same protein in the raw form.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats great to hear! I know its been struggle for her, I hope this continues.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] , [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Here is the ingredient list of what we are using. There no animal protein as we control what goes in it.

Ingredients

All ingredients dehydrated: Sweet potatoes, organic alfalfa, cabbage, organic coconut, apples, spinach, pumpkin, bananas, celery, organic kelp, honey, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.
Guaranteed Analysis

• Protein, 12.00%
  • Fat, 6.00%
  • Fiber, 10.00%
  • Moisture, 10.00%
  • 333 calories per dry cup

Attached is the AAFCO profile. As there is a crazy small limit on PDF uploads (19kb) I converted it to a CSV file but as we can't upload those kinds of files i just took a screenshot of it and added it as a picture. Let me know if you can't see it.

THK Preference AFFCO Breakdown.PNG

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.