Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen Carrots?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lil Miss Bailey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Frozen Carrots?

Hello New Rancho Bulldog Mommy, I am from Cali too! Stay away from the variety dog foods they are made of ground nut shells and just junk. My Ms Bailey has tried many good dog foods as a puppy. Blue Buffalo is one she has been able to tolerate well. watch the protein content in the bulldog food too. anything over 24% is not good for them. My girl loves carrots and the green beans, and bananas a little bit of apple for treats. Watch out for anything that has nuts or whole wheat as its main ingrediant it may cause food allergies! Good Luck with your new dog. Jan

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

@MissBailey Thank you so much for that suggestion. Can I find Blue Buffalo at anywhere or should I just got a pet store like PetSmart or something? I wasn't aware about the wheat allergy thing...I knew to stay away from soy but not wheat.. thank you for that! I feel so inexperienced and the internet has too much conflicting info so it leaves me right back at square one. I'm so glad to have found this forum!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@LolaLove You can get blue buffalo at petsmart. Petsmart also has Avoderm which is really popular with bully owners on here too.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson Thank you so much! I'll have to check it out!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

No recommendations here,,, just WELCOME!!!
    We need pix of Ms Lola

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

@LolaLove welcome! Lola is a beauty and just love the name! I know you are already feeling the love so I don't have to say you will love it here! Glad you found this site!
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Your bully is adorable! I can only go by experience to say that Fromm, Nature's Logic and Nature's Variety are the ones that worked well on all 5 of my bullies. Noone had gas issues. Molly and Mandy did well on AvoDerm too but I switched them all to Fromm.

Price wise, going to Petflow or Carolina Pet Pantry will be the same as getting it from your feed store, without the headaches

P.S. (previous Iams feeder here too )

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

My bullies LOVE LOVE LOVE frozen green beans, but wont eat frozen carrots. I have to blanche them first. Apples are also a great treat!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

@ lolalove hi i used to have the same problem with bugzy when he was a puppy his breeder had him on royal canine puppy food he was throwing up everynight and i figured it might be because am feeding him to late, so i tried earlier still had the same problem, took him to a sorry vet they said he has reflex problems it wasnt so, i switched him over to nutro natural choice-chicken rice and oatmeal for sensitive stomach, it was wonderful he ate it all thru his puppy stage and had no smelly gas, his poop was solid-( i also give him nutro natural choice for treats and he loves it!!!! )petco carries it...good luck

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LolaLove View Post

Lola tried her 1st carrot and LOVED it! YAY! Now...if she could just learn to love her crate. LOL!
    hello! welcome to the forum, it is so much fun here! once you put her in her crate you can give her a special treat, i would suggest leading her in there with it. leave the door open so she can investigate and come and go as she pleases. make it comfy, safe, and positive, and she will eventually learn to love her very own "safe place". they are stubborn and will fight you but, just keep at it.

i second everything everyone else is saying about treats and food.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads