First swimming lesson- tips??

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Found this at tj maxx for $7!! I was like heck yeah I'm getting it. We've never tried swimming with him but my moms house backs up to a lake and I'm scared he might fall in. He's never fallen off the sea wall but I normally watch him like a hawk too. So now when it's not terribly scorching outside we can see of he likes the water. (Not a fan of the bathtub so I doubt it but worth a shot)

Ironically enough our air went out (when it's 100 degrees out) so were headed there now. So prob gonna test it out tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he's going to equate it with water boarding. I put it on him this afternoon and let him walk around the house and have him some Vienna sausages so he'd equate it with good stuff...but I give him those in the tub too and he still hates the bath.

a5385b6d4a9a186d567736182c9e62c4.jpg

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
The boys turned 5 months today. And their swimming really well. Well not really. Rogan can swim 4 feet if two feet are steps. And my hands stay under him. Emmitt just swims. He doesn't care the least bit of direction. He will even stop paddling. I will say I have No, No, No, No, No so many times they know their limits as far as walking around the pool. We will never feel comfortable leaving them out there alone. Even if they live to 50 years old. We are taking them to Hilton Head in October and Lynn has talked me into getting them like jackets. But so far so good.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love those water boys!! [MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy cuteness.... Jackieshoes and ralphieboys ---- all the babies are so cute! I have no experience with a swimmer, but can tell you Banks also hates getting a bath, but she LOVES playing with the hose, in the sprinkler Nd her baby pool. So, you have a shot he may like the lake

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
How cute are all the water babies!!!❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
All you have to tell the boys is Who Wants To Take A Bath? They jump up and get so excited. We say Who Wants To Go Swimming and they jump up and they shoot towards the back door. We throw both into the bathtub and I will start washing Rogan then Emmitt then Rogan. They love the water. We have given them a bath turned our backs and they jump back in the tub. Their nuts

lynngosox

Aug 20, 2014
My Gracie loves to swim with her life jacket on. If the jacket isn't on she just wades in so cute to watch them swim!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Do you have pictures of Charley & Gracie swimming you can share?

lynngosox

Aug 20, 2014
uploadfromtaptalk1409186949462.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409186976579.jpghere is Gracie swimming. she wears her life jacket when she really swims but I'm always really close to her so no pics yet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online