Green snot....not again! Ughhh off to the vet we go!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
My boor baby woke up this morning with a snotty nose (the goopy green kind). Ugh. I knew something was coming last night when I got home from work and he didn't go wiggle butt wild like normal and then he didn't want to take a walk with his puppy friend Watson. He had a runny nose for a few days, but it was clear and I thought maybe he had just a little cold, ya know a few sneezes, but still the same energetic bully.

I felt so bad this morning that he sounds so congested. He had pneumonia when he was a tiny puppy...it started as a bad reaction to his kennel cough vaccine. Not to get on a rant but I had specifically requested injectable vaccines only and before I saw what was happening the vet had given him the intranasal gel... He has been so healthy ever since we got that mess cleared up and it just hurts my heart to see him looking sad and feeling icky.

I called the vet first thing this morning hoping they would work us in early, I called at 7am and live 2 blocks away, but they told me they are booked up and offered me a Monday appointment. Uh, Monday? Yeah, no, I have an English bulldog with a likely respiratory infection...Monday doesn't cut it. So off to the backup vet, which means driving to Virginia from DC in tons of traffic, but the backup vet might soon become the primary vet...they're nicer and always work us in!!!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@g8erjackie I hope your baby will be okay. Glad he is seeing the Dr. today. Waiting 'til monday would not have been good. I know the traffic-but you have done the right thing. :pray:

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
I had to switch vets for a similar issue. I chose one that has a 24 hr emergency care unit with an onsite lab, just in case. Well worth it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I'm so sorry… I hope that Ruckus feels better soon, keep us posted!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope your baby gets well soon, and it does sound like a vet change is in order. Too bad the good one is so far away. Give your baby a hug from us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope Ruckus is doing better.... how did the vet visit go? And, agree, sounds like back-up vet needs to be the primary vet

Helenh

May 31, 2014
Abergele north wales
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Aaaaaaw I hope your bully gets better soon it's not nice to see them poorly big big hugs and kisses ��xx

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgI'm just reading this now, I'm so sorry Ruckus isn't feeling well. I hope it isn't anything serious, and the vet is able to give him meds to clear it up. I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted on what the vet said, and how Ruckus is doing.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Update: We saw the backup vet and I've decided to drop our DC vet who just can't seem to be bothered. The backup vet who is now the primary vet has a 24 hour emergency center on site and they're just so much more accommodating.

So the verdict is Ruckus has a mild respiratory infection. The vet said she didn't hear anything that would point to pneumonia or bronchitis. He has an antibiotic now and if he isn't better in a few days we'll go back for possible X-rays and a stronger antibiotic. I caught it early, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the kind words for Ruckus! We appreciate it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update: We saw the backup vet and I've decided to drop our DC vet who just can't seem to be bothered. The backup vet who is now the primary vet has a 24 hour emergency center on site and they're just so much more accommodating.

So the verdict is Ruckus has a mild respiratory infection. The vet said she didn't hear anything that would point to pneumonia or bronchitis. He has an antibiotic now and if he isn't better in a few days we'll go back for possible X-rays and a stronger antibiotic. I caught it early, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the kind words for Ruckus! We appreciate it!

So glad you caught it early and have a much better vet to care for him... hugs to you both

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.