sudden dog aggresssion

christydeal

Aug 21, 2014
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiffy
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. We have a 6 year old English Bulldog who was a rescue (she was 3 when we got her). We have had other Bulldogs and never any dog to dog aggression issues. She has always gotten along with other dogs until about February of this year. She went after my in laws dog without provocation after being fine with everyother visit. This was in a neutral location, so territory issues are questionable. She has since went after a friend's Doxie at their house and again the in laws dog while camping. She has also went after our younger dog whom she normally plays with without issues. We have a vet app next week to rule out medical issues. She is punished after each incident, however it does not seem to phase her, she will try again the same day if she thinks she can get away with it. Does anyone have any helpful hints or ideas??
Thank you

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag the experts on this...

First of all is she going into heat?!! You need to rule out anything medical going on first… see if she's in pain or anything. I would defiantly keep her separated from any dogs till you can at least see the vet...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is she a domaine personality? Does she have ground rules normally at home, and does everyone in the house follow the same training with her?

OP
C

christydeal

Aug 21, 2014
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiffy
That is what is confusing, she is not really a dominate personality type. She has rules at home and is generally good about minding. Typical stubborn bulldog at times. My husband is a little more lenient on the rules, but does make her follow rules. She was very withdrawn when we got her, was used as a back yard breeder. She has came out of her shell and is happy and outgoing now. The aggression is a new, within the last 6 months. No aggression towards people what so ever. Hoping the vet can shed some light on a possible health issue we are not seeing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Have your vet also check her thyroid levels too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is what is confusing, she is not really a dominate personality type. She has rules at home and is generally good about minding. Typical stubborn bulldog at times. My husband is a little more lenient on the rules, but does make her follow rules. She was very withdrawn when we got her, was used as a back yard breeder. She has came out of her shell and is happy and outgoing now. The aggression is a new, within the last 6 months. No aggression towards people what so ever. Hoping the vet can shed some light on a possible health issue we are not seeing.

as David suggeested.... get her thyroid checked

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.