Warning! Dog Boots Can Cause Over Heating!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Ellie, I think it should be okay as Wellie will be wearing them outside so it will be cold, and I'm sure the walks will be short. I would think it would be safe for short walks and he's not wearing them inside. Just keep an eye on him while he's wearing the boots and see how he does.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Ellie, I think it should be okay as Wellie will be wearing them outside so it will be cold, and I'm sure the walks will be short. I would think it would be safe for short walks and he's not wearing them inside. Just keep an eye on him while he's wearing the boots and see how he does.

agree -- short time frame is probably fine -- leaving them on for extend period, I would think, is the issue

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Agreed Christine, but in Lilys case, she was in a fashion show inside a mall, so she would have over heated faster than if she was outside in the snow. I'm sure boots would be fine when worn outside and for periods of 20 or 30 mins. But with anything especially when it comes to our sensitive bullies, it's important to observe how they react and to always supervise them, that way you can act quickly like they did with Lily.

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
Never heard or thought of this ever before. My Jackson, who is disabled, has been wearing rubber socks and custom shoes on his back feet (he drags them in his wheelchair at times) for years and I have never experienced any issues at all. The University of Wisconsin Vet school, who did all his surgery and rehab actually told me to get him socks/shoes. Guess that I have been lucky and will have to keep this in mind, although it may be somewhat associated to the weather in the region.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
When I lived in Maine, Bulldozer had little booties he wore out in the snow. He hated them inside though and we never had an issue with over heating but that was winter in Maine.
I live right outside Vegas now - very near the mall the OP mentioned. It's HOT here in Vegas in August. I'm sure the boots were cute and it just never dawned on him about overheating due to boots. I would never have though it either.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.