My bulldog is throwing up!

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
My little puppy is 10 and a half weeks and has thrown up about three times this past week. Before that, she had only thrown up in two other occasions. Once during her first bath and again after her vaccines. During this past week she's been acting completely normal and there haven't been any changes in food or environment or anything like that so I'm not sure what's causing it. Any thoughts?
26471d1a611e66060267d359e32fdd17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe she ate some grass? She sure is a sweety pie!

OP
E

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] thank you! she hasn't been outside because I live in an apartment and she hasn't had all her shots yet :/

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@dolphin thank you! she hasn't been outside because I live in an apartment and she hasn't had all her shots yet :/

Babies throw up for so many different reasons, I wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes a constant thing. She's so cute in that picture just makes me want to give her a big kiss! :)

OP
E

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] thanks so much, that makes me feel a lot better! She's still full of energy and loves to play!
6f193613fd61134c1b1a7581730f61aa.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Did it happen shortly after eating and playing? She's adorable!!!

OP
E

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] the first two times it was, the second time it was during the night while she was in her crate. It was not as much throw up the last time when she was in her crate.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] the first two times it was, the second time it was during the night while she was in her crate. It was not as much throw up the last time when she was in her crate.

Was there any I digested food in the one at night?

OP
E

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] no, it was just thick, brown liquid. The color was due to her food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] no, it was just thick, brown liquid. The color was due to her food.

Ok keep an eye on her, if these continue to happen or get worse you should probably take her to a vet. I was thinking empty tummy, since it happened in the middle of the night, but it would be clear if that was the case. Have you changed her food since you got her?

OP
E

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] she's been on this food for about four weeks now. However, it's hard food and I used to put water in it to make it softer for her. I've recently stopped doing that because she's now able to chew it all up on her own.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a cutie for sure. It could be many things that is causing her to do that. Are you feeding her three times a day? If not then try to feed her three times a day until she is 6 to 7 months of age. The food could also be making her sick. If she keeps ding it, I would let a vet check her out.

OP
E

emrios

Jul 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
[MENTION=11086]schimpfy[/MENTION] she does eat pretty fast so maybe that could be it. She also doesn't really take a break after she eats, she just goes straight to running around and playing. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] thank you! She has been eating three times a day. I'll keep an eye on her and see how it goes.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=12393]emrios[/MENTION]. it could be that she just goes and goes, I would try to let her rest for about an hour after she eats to see if that helps.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.