Balcony options

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
So I have a nice size balcony and it's been so hot in LA and I want to have the option for Tipsy to go out and do her "stuff" during the day without dragging her out in the heat. Problem is, she is terrified of the balcony because ... Well I don't know why?!?! Plus there is no green/grass so she may be confused. Anyone have a solution on fake grass or something similar so she may be comfortable about it?

BTW, here's a more recent pic of my diva Tipsy.
666f1aa96a1c764057cea2a8ce4b4926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Can you buy fake grass squares and place a few on the balcony?

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
start playing games with her on the patio so she becomes familiar with the space then add some fake turf - hope it all works out

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't know what kind of railing is on the patio-or if it is above the first floor? If it is high, she may have a fear of it-you could use something sold to close it around at her height-she may not feel so vulnerable. She is a cute cute gal, by the way! There are also some fake grass potty type things where the pee goes through the grass to a container and you can empty it.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
When I live in LA I had a similar setup and the same idea as you.

It took my dogs months to realize that our back concrete deck could be used a a potty area. The downside though is when we would get that rare rain in LA and I would need to shut the deck door they would go in front of the door. So that is one battle that you might need to fight.

Anyhow to answer your question, we would start them out by making them go out to the deck first thing in the and closed the door so they were forced to be out there while I got ready for work. Morning bathroom movements are hard for them to hold so they would eventually relieve themselves. As soon as they did I would let them back inside. I'm not sure how big your space is but that could be an option.

Oh one other thing to keep in mind that you constantly need to clean up the pee or else that urine smell will soak into the concrete...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Could you post a pic of your balcony? I have a few ideas, I need to see the layout though

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.