And we're back

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
We took a bit of a hiatus from the forum because of our move to the east coast but we are all doing fine. Since we have moved we have learned a few things:
1. Having a yard is amazing. Curly has started looking thinner since he can run around whenever he wants :) he's down to eating 1.5 cups of food a day, which he naturally cut back on himself. The scale still isn't moving but we think it's muscle since we can see a much better waist line on him than before the move.

2. Curly has Hip Dysplasia, which we are still deciding what the best options for him will be. With the weight loss he is moving around much more but he still needs to be picked up at times to get on to the couch.

3. Hip Dysplasia and Wood Floors are not a good mix - but eh better than carpet right?

4. Food delivery people will leave your gate open - our Frenchton went missing for 18 hours, thank GOD for his microchip.

5. The bugs here are ridiculously plentiful esp. in comparison with SoCal, which took some adjustments and a lot of Benedryl for the bulldogs.

6. Curly is afraid of many loud noises but NOT the Thunder! Big relief on our end since we will be seeing more rain here

7. We always knew Curly had a strange attraction to children but he is obsessed and overly protective of infants. We learned during a BBQ he will literally guard infants to make sure that nothing comes to their harm (i.e. my friend's Pomeranian started barking at the baby and curly stepped in and was like "Grrrrr, you ain't messing with that baby. Step off")

8. Curly's tear stains have become uncontrollable. We think it might be seasonal allergies but we're going to try to change foods to see if there is any improvement. We're thinking about trying TOTW but I'm really reluctant because they are all doing well well on Fromms - and we're only changing the food to see if there is an improvement with tear stains...Are tear stains really that bad?

9. I really need to stop leaving my husband for weeks caring for the dogs (and perhaps have the dog walker do the maintenance instead). Upon coming back from the last 2 wk biz trip one of Curly's folds were infected grrr. In all fairness, my husband is a busy guy too.

10. I'll end this at 10 and say, that after coming home from the biz trip, I noticed how manly my EB has become over the last year. And as of next month he will have been home with us for a year.

And the part you have been waiting for. Curly at 10 wks and Curly at 1 year (plus a 5 weeks) old

IMG_6042[1].jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome back! Glad to see you, Curley looks as adorable as ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congrats on the successful move! Curly looks fantastic..... I would not mess with the food just yet. The tearing is probably from the allergies and adjusting to the new environment.

Use witch hazel on a cotton pda to keep them clean and dry along with the Benedyl and see how he does after the fall season

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thanks [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] ! I'll hold off until December and see if it is just allergies. I've been wiping him twice a day with baby wipes and following up with witch hazel - it just doesn't seem to be helping with anything. I dunno...

BTW Next time I go up to Philly I will make sure I let you know so we can have a mini bulldog meet up :) I'm due for a visit up there soon. Too many of my Philadelphia friends want to meet Curly LOL.

OHHH one more note to make: We met an all white EB who lives 3 houses down. Her name is Baby and is soooo small compared to Curly. Curly played it cool while she ran all over the yard, but when it was time for her to leave Curly blocked the gate so she couldn't get out. It was too cute.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
welcome back! Curly is looking great! How much does he weigh? I feel like I don't feed chum enough and im giving him 2 cups a day..he weighs 65 lbs.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] the last time we weighed him (about 3 wks ago) he was 73 lbs. we would like to get him down to 65 lbs but I think he isn't structured to be light. The scale hasn't moved much since the last weigh in but he is definitely getting a lot more exercise and he is moving a lot quicker than he use to so I suspect he has gotten a lot more muscle than he had before. He is a very tall wide stocky EB.

Our neighbor that has a little white female EB is only 55 lbs and he towers her. And is about twice her width
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] we've laid carpet runners down for him but it is more of an issue of stabilizing his hips when he gets up because his feet slip all over the place lol.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
ca9da4e675f577407045ba347eef9229.jpg

Just so you can see a top view of him. If we get him to drop 10 more lbs he'll look perfect. I think we've had a 10 lb struggle with him for quite a while

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome back and Curly looks good, just a few more pounds off and he will look great. Try filtered water for him as water can also cause tear stains. Glad the move went well and that everything is going well.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] thanks for the tip! We've been using filtered water/spring water plus we use a drinkwell that has a charcoal filter too. It probably allergies because he's around a lot more grass/plants than we were in SoCal.

I'm especially excited for him to see his first snow. He loves the cold

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.