Good Puzzle Toys

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
We talk a lot about chew toys here, but I've discovered it's hard to find puzzle toys for our Bullies. They all seem like they're made of plastic that's going to start cracking and splintering as soon as my girl can try to start chomping on it.

A few weeks back I got her a Bob-a-Lot by Starmark Academy. This is made of really thick plastic and I think you'd need to take a sledgehammer to it to break it. But it's also a size and shape that are too big for her to bite. So she's forced to play with the toy as intended instead of trying to just bite it. It comes in two sizes and I have the big one. It looks kind of like a Weeble (if you remember those) and you put some treats or food in the top and there's an opening you can adjust for the food to fall through. As the toy bobs around the food falls into the main compartment and then out another adjustable opening on to the floor. Yummies!

She likes it and it isn't too hard for her. The first time she tried to chew it, but pretty quickly figured out she couldn't. Now when I get it out, she knows she has to push it around to get stuff to fall out.

What else have people found that holds up to our chewers?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not a whole heck of a lot. At least not for my little chainsaws. Harlea can destroy just about any toy we give her in about 2 hours if she wants. Heck we just went out and bought new "indestructible" toys today and already had to throw one away. They only things she doesn't tear up are her stuffies, antlers and Kong Wobbler which is similar to what you are talking about.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like you found a fun toy, I'd like to see some pics of it with your baby playing with it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That sounds like a cool toy/treat hider..... we use the Kong Wobbler and raw marrow bones

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I have a treat ball that I had for my parrots. It's a ball with slits all around it. It unscrews in the middle. You have to roll it around to get the treats to fall out. It took Henry literally seconds to figure it out. He rolled that ball all over the yard til he got all the treats out. It was the cutest thing. I put frozen liver and green beans in it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.